Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy has the potential to be a real solid AFL footballer, my only asterisk I have is why he didnt progress up to ressies and league? Great pick at 50 though. Hope he goes well 🤞

This guy has the potential to be a real solid AFL footballer, my only asterisk I have is why he didnt progress up to ressies and league? Great pick at 50 though. Hope he goes well 🤞

He was a reserve player for the league side a couple of times; just didn't quite make the team.

He had some injuries preventing him from playing senior footy, otherwise he would have. Same with Western.

I hear he's not exactly the most disciplined defender - plays more as an attacking defender rather than being responsible for his opponent?

Christ he's got some acceleration on him... and he moves like his knees were designed and assembled in a German precision ball-bearings factory.

Good get all round, glad to have him on board. I can see now why Freo's priority at this draft was landing the NGA boys, just as much as it was going best available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching his highlights clip , he moves and plays like Tim Kelly except Walker has a better leap. you can't be upset if he ends up like him.

Watching his highlights clip , he moves and plays like Tim Kelly except Walker has a better leap. you can't be upset if he ends up like him.
Hey, don't put limits on my capacity to be upset.

Might just be the angle of the photo on the dockers page, but looks like he has grown. Looking taller than o’driscoll who I thought was 190cm

Holy moley. Do not know if I was watching a young Troy Cooke or a Michael Johnson.
Impressive.

Looks like he only has 2 speeds, running fast or engaging the warp drive and leaving everyone else behind in a blur. I see the Cooke and Johnson that Mighty Mouse mentioned, but crossed with Brad Hills run.

Does he have the endurance to run opponents into the ground? Skills make a zippy wingman valuable.

Edit. rewatched a few bits of video. What strikes me, is that after putting on the afterburners he still delivers the ball well, where plenty of people win the running race but are then too knackered to dispose effectively.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back