Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
This guy has the potential to be a real solid AFL footballer, my only asterisk I have is why he didnt progress up to ressies and league? Great pick at 50 though. Hope he goes well 🤞

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
This guy has the potential to be a real solid AFL footballer, my only asterisk I have is why he didnt progress up to ressies and league? Great pick at 50 though. Hope he goes well 🤞

He was a reserve player for the league side a couple of times; just didn't quite make the team.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
He had some injuries preventing him from playing senior footy, otherwise he would have. Same with Western.

PavLike

Senior List
Sep 15, 2005
Karratha
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Colorado Avs
I hear he's not exactly the most disciplined defender - plays more as an attacking defender rather than being responsible for his opponent?

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Christ he's got some acceleration on him... and he moves like his knees were designed and assembled in a German precision ball-bearings factory.

Good get all round, glad to have him on board. I can see now why Freo's priority at this draft was landing the NGA boys, just as much as it was going best available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slammen

Debutant
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watching his highlights clip , he moves and plays like Tim Kelly except Walker has a better leap. you can't be upset if he ends up like him.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Watching his highlights clip , he moves and plays like Tim Kelly except Walker has a better leap. you can't be upset if he ends up like him.
Hey, don't put limits on my capacity to be upset.

Danny82

All Australian
May 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Might just be the angle of the photo on the dockers page, but looks like he has grown. Looking taller than o’driscoll who I thought was 190cm

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Holy moley. Do not know if I was watching a young Troy Cooke or a Michael Johnson.
Impressive.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks like he only has 2 speeds, running fast or engaging the warp drive and leaving everyone else behind in a blur. I see the Cooke and Johnson that Mighty Mouse mentioned, but crossed with Brad Hills run.

Does he have the endurance to run opponents into the ground? Skills make a zippy wingman valuable.

Edit. rewatched a few bits of video. What strikes me, is that after putting on the afterburners he still delivers the ball well, where plenty of people win the running race but are then too knackered to dispose effectively.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back