Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some of those kicks while running at top speed are very nice and that play through traffic at about 55secs in... Not bhed.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Watching his highlights clip , he moves and plays like Tim Kelly except Walker has a better leap. you can't be upset if he ends up like him.
Bloody oath I'll be upset if he ends up at the scum, even if we get 2 years worth of picks for him.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
‘A special athlete, Walker has a big vertical leap and freakish speed and agility, which he uses to intercept, take the game on and break the lines off half-back.’

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Well done to you young man.I hope, like with Joel Western, that this game is the first of very many games in Purple.
I look forward to your progress in the big time.
Well done and good luck.
So the journey begins.

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it too late to be his buddy? Does the job defensively, hits the kicks that are there and does the spectacular when he has too. Great debut!

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Positive was seeing a couple of times that he competed in the air by jumping up from behind, but he was strong enough to deny his opponent with clearing spoils. A lot first gamers would get worked out of position, but maybe his jump gives him a different method of defending rather than engaging body on body.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
How did western go. Thought he looked pretty quiet.
He struggled but Longmuir's half time comments were all about the backs not giving the high half forwards a chance.

I was impressed with Western's efforts in the last few minutes of the game - except his kick OOTF (but he did everything right before it). After he chased hard, laid a couple of tackles, and did a really good smother. Needs time to work into it. The learnings (looking over the tape) would be invaluable for him - so perfect timing for a debut imo.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
He struggled but Longmuir's half time comments were all about the backs not giving the high half forwards a chance.

I was impressed with Western's efforts in the last few minutes of the game - except his kick OOTF (but he did everything right before it). After he chased hard, laid a couple of tackles, and did a really good smother. Needs time to work into it. The learnings (looking over the tape) would be invaluable for him - so perfect timing for a debut imo.

Do you mean Walker? I thought Brandon was the one that kicked OOTF?

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Boys got jets and good hands .
Looking forward to more !

Back