Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Boy oh boy did my buddy destroy the intra club today, first 10 seconds pings fyfe for holding the ball, and the last play of the match takes a brilliant pack mark, pencil him in for round 1 😍
As his buddy I believe you should be penning him in for round 1, penciling in for rising star win at minimum
Really as his buddy he should be predicting nothing less than a Brownlow win.

It’s interesting how everyone has different views. You see the pickup at 4:50, I see him drill the pass straight to the opposing team at 4:53.

Hope he kills it though.
He kicked it to where a player should be leading into (space)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any other players who impressed you? Curious to hear how Pina went.

Yeh Logue and cox looked good 2 big strong backman who fitted in well
Acres is big moves really well and could be a bargain pick up if he can play as consistently as that... very impressive.
Brayshaw has bulked up looks like he is going to take a big step up this year this guy wants to be the best
It will be interesting to see Frederick once he gets a few games under his belt and may be us Freo supporters
could be witnessing a bit of magic on the field in the future.
Pina was in the thick of it down in the back line also took a gutsy mark where he stood his ground amongst bigger bodies down the car park end
showed a lot of promise and could get a look in sometime during the year.

Yeh Logue and cox looked good 2 big strong backman who fitted in well
Acres is big moves really well and could be a bargain pick up if he can play as consistently as that... very impressive.
Brayshaw has bulked up looks like he is going to take a big step up this year this guy wants to be the best
It will be interesting to see Frederick once he gets a few games under his belt and may be us Freo supporters
could be witnessing a bit of magic on the field in the future.
Pina was in the thick of it down in the back line also took a gutsy mark where he stood his ground amongst bigger bodies down the car park end
showed a lot of promise and could get a look in sometime during the year.
Was a pretty interesting trade/draft period for us. The Hill trade gets us one of the top 10 picks, Frederick and Acres doesn’t it? Acres immediately softens the blow, we have 3 high ceiling prospects and a real live wire prospect coming along nicely.

Was a pretty interesting trade/draft period for us. The Hill trade gets us one of the top 10 picks, Frederick and Acres doesn’t it? Acres immediately softens the blow, we have 3 high ceiling prospects and a real live wire prospect coming along nicely.

Looking forward and feeling confident about this year then again i been saying that for 25 years but have to be right sooner or later.:) :freo:

Real chance of debut coming up according to Ryan Daniels

From the Longmuirs mouth in an interview yesterday,
“I thought they had their colours lowered a little bit, especially in that second quarter at the weekend so Connor will come into consideration, as will Caleb Serong.”

Pre draft I was definitely not on the Serong "bandwagon".

At this point I've progressed to being "on the fence", so I'm really interested to hear from any of his advocates about what attributes he brings to the team and what abilities Longmuir would have seen over the pre season, for him to be selected this week?

I want to believe.

Pre draft I was definitely not on the Serong "bandwagon".

At this point I've progressed to being "on the fence", so I'm really interested to hear from any of his advocates about what attributes he brings to the team and what abilities Longmuir would have seen over the pre season, for him to be selected this week?

I want to believe.
Lachie Neale 2.0 but can take a contested mark too.

Fremantle draftee Caleb Serong draws comparisons to Lachie Neale, and a 100-game veteran ahead of potential debut
Headshot of Craig O'Donoghue

Craig O'DonoghueThe West Australian
Wednesday, 24 June 2020 9:55AM
Craig O'Donoghue
Fremantle defender Luke Ryan has declared young midfielder Caleb Serong reminds of Lachie Neale and resembles a 100-game veteran as the Dockers consider handing him a debut against Gold Coast on Saturday.
Fremantle drafted Serong at pick eight in the national draft and he was one of their best players during the practice match against Brisbane two weeks ago.
With no practice match played against Port Adelaide, that is the most recent formline for young hopefuls and Fremantle must replace Sam Sturt (ankle) this weekend.
Ryan said Serong had enormous talent.
“He’s done really well. Since he first got in, his training has been outstanding,” Ryan said.
“During match sim at training, he reminds me of Lachie Neale. He’s so clean, strong and always wants to learn. I wouldn’t be surprised if he debuts this week.
“He looks like he’s played 100 games already. He’s just so smart and clean. He just reminds me of Lachie Neale so much.”
Serong would be the third youngster to debut if he gets his chance against the Suns. Sturt debuted in round one and Hayden Young played his first game in round two.
Stephen Hill is expected to be available after being a late withdrawal last week but he failed to train today. Hill and Brennan Cox were both on light duties.
The Dockers and Eagles were happy to hear the WA government’s decision to allow them to return to the state and quarantine in their own homes when their Gold Coast hub finishes.
Ryan said having that certainty was important for everyone.
“It was good,” Ryan said.
“Obviously it’s a bonus to get to go back home. We’re still here to play another couple of weeks and that’s the first thing on our minds, but it’s a bonus to get back.”
The Dockers are yet to win a game this year and had no answers to Port Adelaide’s strength and experience on Sunday.
The young Fremantle defenders are under sized without Joel Hamling and Alex Pearce but Ryan said that wasn’t the problem.
“That’s the first time that the talls have got on top of us,” he said.
“It’s not really a tall’s opponent. It’s all of us. We shouldn’t allow one-on-ones in the D50. It’s not a single person’s fault. It’s our whole back six.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back