Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even close to his size, which is my major concern if Serong is to play mid....im aware the likes of Lachie Neale and Dion prestia can do it, but are they exceptions to the rule?
Little blokes have been inside mids for about 150 years ( or however old this game is). He'll be fine.

They are at Nathan's house tonight

Hoping to see our media team out some things up today from it

Henry’s and Thomas will obviously know fyfe and the freo team well, but it’ll be a buzz for the other guys no doubt

Really liking the decision (fortuitous or planned) that serong and Young are mates - that’ll help the adjustment

On that - Cerra was / is best mates with north, I wonder how that’s affected him to see north not get a game, be de-listed and re-rookied whilst he’s been given games where he probably shouldn’t have played. For a kid, that would be tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On that - Cerra was / is best mates with north, I wonder how that’s affected him to see north not get a game, be de-listed and re-rookied whilst he’s been given games where he probably shouldn’t have played. For a kid, that would be tough

Not sure they are/were best mates. Pretty sure they had just played a bit of footy together. Distinctly remember the way Cerra spoke about him when they both arrived and never got the impression they were tight. Confirmed by the fact that you only ever here Cez talk about Andy and Huge.

Also don't think it would matter anyway unless of course North was clearly gun and being stopped from playing for non-playing reasons.

Hoping to see our media team out some things up today from it

Henry’s and Thomas will obviously know fyfe and the freo team well, but it’ll be a buzz for the other guys no doubt

Really liking the decision (fortuitous or planned) that serong and Young are mates - that’ll help the adjustment

I'd suspect Cerra is made of tougher stuff than this, I'm sure he's gone through this exact scenario multiple times even in juniors. Just because they're your mate doesn't mean they're a jet.

He’s got elite company does Serong as the 2nd pick in our last draft for the decade. The two other players in this category are some Pavlich guy and a skinny kid from Lake Grace. I’m not saying he’s destined to be one of our greatest players ever, but if he debuts in round 5 (just like those two did)...

Sturt is quick, I am hoping for fast Bontempelli from Sturt.
Like you I have high hopes for Sturt, but I wish I was reading that post as a response after you had just been down to a training session. Really want to hear how he is developing, and can't wait for him to debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told his response when Nat Fyfe asked him “ what role do you see for yourself in our midfield ? “ Caleb replied
“ Blocking for you “.
Smart fella. It also shows Nat’s Brownlow speeches resonated.
He could too. Deadset little bull. Dominated everyone in some wrestling duels and picked Brayshaw off the ground like a twig yesterday.

I was told his response when Nat Fyfe asked him “ what role do you see for yourself in our midfield ? “ Caleb replied
“ Blocking for you “.
Smart fella. It also shows Nat’s Brownlow speeches resonated.

He also said he’s looking forward to ‘beating him’ referring to Fyfe.

Some claim he meant ‘meeting him’. But I don’t think he did. Kids a competitive animal.

I see him as a potential upgrade on Brayshaw.
Hopefully Serong replaces him in the team sooner rather than later.
Brayshaw can come back in once Conca isn't playing, but I suspect Hughes will take that role,
Anyway, a midfield spot is there for Serong

Brayshaw can come back in once Conca isn't playing, but I suspect Hughes will take that role,
I’m expecting massive improvement from Brayshaw this year. He won’t go out of the team.

I am really looking forward to seeing this guy play after the comments on this last page. Every draftee is a potential champion at this time of the year but Caleb Serong just seems to be one of those who can deliver from the get go.

I'm not sure what's more horrifying about your post. The idea that Conca is connected to our long term future midfield or that you think Brayshaw needs to be replaced in the team.

Here we go again hahaha.
No chance mate the only thing Serong will be replacing is Brayshaws position at half forward while he moves to midfield.

Like a dog with a bone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back