Toast Welcome to Freo: Dillon O'Reilly

Remove this Banner Ad

Free hit for us to see if he really has what it takes to be AFL player. Good size and adds to an area where we are a bit thin as a KPD with little cost.. Why wouldn’t we have a crack so we hold another draft pick later this year.

Also, I choose to believe that he is a supreme talent and we worked the long game to make sure he got to us after missing the f/s by 2 games.

We told him to spud it up last year and then passed at the rookie draft so it didn't look suspicious. Now we say he has turned himself around or whatever and nobody suspects a thing...

1558951373123.png

Also, I choose to believe that he is a supreme talent and we worked the long game to make sure he got to us after missing the f/s by 2 games.

We told him to spud it up last year and then passed at the rookie draft so it didn't look suspicious. Now we say he has turned himself around or whatever and nobody suspects a thing...

View attachment 681754
You have me picturing Belly dressed as Baldrick in the trenches hatching a ‘cunning plan’....

Welcome mate!!
In regards to the comment about laziness, my guess is that is history as our list manager specifically mentioned his diligence and application after missing out in 2018 drafts.
Watched that vid of him on Freo website.. that's a serious kick he has on him. 55m goal that sailed through at half mast.

Interesting selection given he's made virtually no impact at WAFL level yet and won't play for us this year.
Not to say that's bad, he's pretty light for someone that size so I guess we see some improvement if he can add 10kg+. Long term selection that isn't likely to go elsewhere given his old man is on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we get him to keep the old boys club happy ? No impact in the wafl this year. Anyways. Welcome young fella. Hope you take a leaf out of your dads book.

Mid season draft is an ideal way to try before you buy with kids that are speculative because they are ‘lazy’. You have 6 months to try them on a list without needing tie up a list spot. He may thrive or he may flounder. All that is lost is 50k

Another forward? This club needs more HBF'ers.
But seriously, love that they've given him a chance to prove himself.
Anyone care to update me on how we got him? Is it just a free hit or do we need a LTI to get him to play?

He can play as tabs is on inactive list. All rookies can now play in seniors

He has played a couple of ressies games and couple of league games so far .... i’m Not holding out hopes he’ll play this year or next but will be nice to add to our KP stocks and may prove very handy pickup if he matures and devolves well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back