Toast Welcome to Freo Hayden Young – Fremantle’s 1st 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #7]

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a lot on a wing today with Duman taking his HB spot. Not Hayden’s best game but worth considering I think.
Impacting on the wing in an AFL game in your 4th game is a pretty big ask. The big ask is If he got or was looking to get into the right places. A lot of 2 way running required in that position.

Impacting on the wing in an AFL game in your 4th game is a pretty big ask. The big ask is If he got or was looking to get into the right places. A lot of 2 way running required in that position.
His kicking is confidence as an experienced 100 gamer, not a 4th gamer. Looks slick and tidy. Very exciting to watch. Already a B22 locked.
Best part of the hub is Young, Serong and Aish. Great recruits, fresh talent for Freo

Can’t see him getting the rising star this week... but maybe he’s a chance since freo won + now 3 weeks of solid effort including last weeks very good game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still cant believe this blokes only played a handful of games...
Watched the replay and he's already a seemless best 22 player where i expect so much from him.

Did a double take on myself where I realised, holy s**t dis kid even better than I thought

I would have liked Connor to have been in for Colyer with mid rotations to keep Young back who is already better than Duman
Young was struggling keeping up with the men on the wing. Did really well to keep his composure.
Hopefully playing half back again next week to keep him available for the derby.

I thought it quite interesting to note that JLo already backed him into play the wing position in his 3rd game. JLo clearly is giving the younger blokes the responsibility and backing them in which i think is a great sign from a coach.
Also steep learning curve. Wont work for every recruit but feels good when they thrive & worth a shot.
Unlike rossy who wanted the boys to get a 3 year diploma in football first killing there natural instincts in the process.

Also steep learning curve. Wont work for every recruit but feels good when they thrive & worth a shot.
Unlike rossy who wanted the boys to get a 3 year diploma in football first killing there natural instincts in the process.

To be fair to Ross, he did give Brayshaw and Cerra every possible opportunity at the top level and then some.

Getting the balance right seemed to be his weakness. He admitted he got it wrong in 2015 by not giving Blakely, Weller and Langdon more exposure and then went totally the other way when Brayshaw and Cerra came along.

I know it's a different era now, but I think one of the hardest/most structurally important players we've had to replace was Duffield.
Ibbotson intercept mark, handball to Duff and we were away. Duffield rarely turned the ball over and here's hoping Young can grow into that role.

Agree on Duffield. Wilson could have been but he looks sloppy, unfit and uninterested.

Young should surpass Duffields output though eventually. Joy to watch.

I stand by it. I personally have seen nothing to suggest he’s an elite kick ever. He’s elite at intercepting and is an above average player in general based off mostly that, especially based off last season. His kicking skills are nothing special and are massively overrated by our supporters imo.

Almost none of our players are overrated by the general football public who seem to think our side is nothing but Fyfe and Walters.

18 touches at 94% eff on the weekend.

Just sayin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 touches at 94% eff on the weekend.

Just sayin

Only got to read what I’ve said later in this thread to see what I think of that stat.

As I have stated multiple times any kick over 40m not marked by the opposition is an effective kick.

Young is an elite kick as he can hit kicks a lot of players can’t - Ryan just doesn’t have that ability.

Only got to read what I’ve said later in this thread to see what I think of that stat.

As I have stated multiple times any kick over 40m not marked by the opposition is an effective kick.

Young is an elite kick as he can hit kicks a lot of players can’t - Ryan just doesn’t have that ability.

Did you notice that Young like kick into the middle of the ground when we were kicking to the right of screen from Ryan? Beautiful pass from the right half back flank

Did you notice that Young like kick into the middle of the ground when we were kicking to the right of screen from Ryan? Beautiful pass from the right half back flank

Think I remember it - first quarter I think. Got to do more than once a month (maybe generous too) to be considered an elite kick.

What’s is Young’s line of betting for the Rising Star, now that Rowell is out? Played 4 games already, the he plays the better he gets and the chances for r he Rising Star goes up.

What’s is Young’s line of betting for the Rising Star, now that Rowell is out? Played 4 games already, the he plays the better he gets and the chances for r he Rising Star goes up.
Noone has rising star markets, all other players were about $50 bucks for rising star so all bookies took the markets down to re adjust, I expect Young, King, Sturt, Anderson, Taylor to all start at the 10-15 mark

He's got to get nominated first. From memory (which often lets me down) we all thought Brayshaw would do well but he never got nominated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back