Toast Welcome to Freo Hayden Young – Fremantle’s 1st 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #7]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt feels like our least spoken about "high end" draftee of the last couple of years, but I think he might be the biggest surprise out of the lot and open some eyes if he can stay fit. Please God.

Sturt feels like our least spoken about "high end" draftee of the last couple of years, but I think he might be the biggest surprise out of the lot and open some eyes if he can stay fit. Please God.
yeah without wanting to derail the Young thread too much more, Sturt’s potential is god damn exciting

My buddy will win the rising star hands down.

No one will get close as he reveals brilliance time and time again. Making fools of opposition players and outpointing them in defense. His kicks will cut them, his marks will demoralise them and his skills will make them weep.

My buddy will win the rising star hands down.

No one will get close as he reveals brilliance time and time again. Making fools of opposition players and outpointing them in defense. His kicks will cut them, his marks will demoralise them and his skills will make them weep.

Love the rhapsody (and I think you will be correct).

Last edited:
He looks so much bigger in those pics today. Much more mature in the face as well. Look out 2021.
Must’ve been devastating pulling an injury so early in his career, but pretty sure he has the character to use that time well. Expecting that to be on full display in 2021.

Must’ve been devastating pulling an injury so early in his career, but pretty sure he has the character to use that time well. Expecting that to be on full display in 2021.

Maybe the injury could be a blessing in disguise ?.

Allowed his body to grow, fill out and put some definition in the shoulders.

Always look on the bright side of life .....

Maybe the injury could be a blessing in disguise ?.

Allowed his body to grow, fill out and put some definition in the shoulders.

Always look on the bright side of life .....

I was listening to a podcast with a Brisbane Lions S&C coach this morning and he said they call their rehabilitation programs 'reconditioning' to try shift the mindset of injured players towards viewing it as continuation of their development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he looked alright in his few games at freo.

A pity he got injured.
If alright means awesome then yeah he was 'alright'.

The competition is lucky he got injured when he did but now he will come back bigger, stronger and with the knowledge that he can cut it with the best of them.

Matt Rowell is still looking for him apparently.

I’m surprised there’s not more love for him on the votes for round 1 thread.

19 possessions (17 of them kicks), 6 marks (at least half would have been intercepts) and 532 metres gained which was the highest on the ground. He was the single thing I felt positive about after Saturday. The kid is elite.

I’m surprised there’s not more love for him on the votes for round 1 thread.

19 possessions (17 of them kicks), 6 marks (at least half would have been intercepts) and 532 metres gained which was the highest on the ground. He was the single thing I felt positive about after Saturday. The kid is elite.
And made it look easy. He still had another 10% to give.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back