Toast Welcome to Freo Hayden Young – Fremantle’s 1st 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #7]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought from left-field. Throw him in the middle for the next few games while Fyfe is injured. Worth having a look.

nah. We have young midfielders to play. Young is looking like Corey Enright potential. I’ll take that everyday of the week. And Wilson stinks so would rather Young on HB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a jet. Out and out jet. Took 2 games to get the pace.
which when you consider it took Luke Ryan (after 1 month at peel and being a mature aged recruit) about 4 games to get the pace, is bloody impressive

Way back when, I watched Hill play for the first time and my affection for freo became an (embarrassing) obsession, and one of my huge footy sadnesses is never seeing Hill become the player he should have been, for whatever reason. But as his career comes to an end (sob) another shall rise... I get the same feelings about Young... a player you just need to watch for those moments of pure skill and beauty. Please footy gods, be kinder to him than Hill!

Way back when, I watched Hill play for the first time and my affection for freo became an (embarrassing) obsession, and one of my huge footy sadnesses is never seeing Hill become the player he should have been, for whatever reason. But as his career comes to an end (sob) another shall rise... I get the same feelings about Young... a player you just need to watch for those moments of pure skill and beauty. Please footy gods, be kinder to him than Hill!
Hit the nail on the head, there's something magical about watching a ball get punted 3m above the ground for 50m, lace out to a forward.

With watching highlights, he was always going to be good player based solely on his kicking. He's one of the best kicks in the game already.

Lucky for us, his bodywork, marking and positioning seems on par with Haynes and co as elite medium size defenders (for his age anyway).

Skies the limit for this kid

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back