Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

"While Chapman has locked in a spot in the backline, Walls can see the 20-year-old taking on a number of different roles in the future.

“He didn’t play forward a lot as a junior but we think he has the attributes to do that,” Walls said.

“Time in the midfield is also an option both inside and on the wing. He’s still very young, he’s learning the position he’s in and he can lock that down and know it inside out, but in time he’ll be able to go through the midfield, play inside and on the wing no worries as well.”

I reckon he will be on some big $$$. Imagine Young delivering to Chappy on the wing

So good this news! It's an interesting way to go about it, the way he's signed on, it's almost the opposite of the model where a player will link themselves to a few other clubs to raise their value and then sign on again for maximum $.

So good this news! It's an interesting way to go about it, the way he's signed on, it's almost the opposite of the model where a player will link themselves to a few other clubs to raise their value and then sign on again for maximum $.
I suspect they gave him a good offer up front. His value is very well known to everyone at this point.

"While Chapman has locked in a spot in the backline, Walls can see the 20-year-old taking on a number of different roles in the future.

“He didn’t play forward a lot as a junior but we think he has the attributes to do that,” Walls said.

“Time in the midfield is also an option both inside and on the wing. He’s still very young, he’s learning the position he’s in and he can lock that down and know it inside out, but in time he’ll be able to go through the midfield, play inside and on the wing no worries as well.”

I reckon he will be on some big $$$. Imagine Young delivering to Chappy on the wing
That is the most exciting thing I've ever read, cant wait to see him up the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? Where do you pull this stuff from?
I pull it from logic. The only chance of playing in the midfield would be playing him as a winger and even than that's tough. He would have to fight Noddy, Johsnon, Henry and Acres for that spot. I think he would be an awesome Bont type of player but Ras gets the centre spot ahead of him for now.

I pull it from logic. The only chance of playing in the midfield would be playing him as a winger and even than that's tough. He would have to fight Noddy, Johsnon, Henry and Acres for that spot. I think he would be an awesome Bont type of player but Ras gets the centre spot ahead of him for now.
Says who though? There's a multitude of variables that need to play out there that you/we're not privy to.

Great news and a good sign that he’s locked away relatively early on for what is hopefully less money than he might have been demanding if he signed 2 year contracts at a time, between now and 2027. A good sign from the point of view of our future salary cap, that is.

Wonderful. He is a gun.

Just another example of the club releasing the news about a signing after a s*** performance on the weekend to wallpaper over the cracks. It's clear they just wait until after a loss to announce these signing so people forget what garbage the team dishes up on the weekend. Well done, yet again, Freo publicity/media team! It's well documented on this forum that this is just a distraction for all you weak minded supporters. "Oh look, a bear."

Did I get it right? :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed: :freo::freo::freo::freo::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Just another example of the club releasing the news about a signing after a s*** performance on the weekend to wallpaper over the cracks. It's clear they just wait until after a loss to announce these signing so people forget what garbage the team dishes up on the weekend. Well done, yet again, Freo publicity/media team! It's well documented on this forum that this is just a distraction for all you weak minded supporters. "Oh look, a bear."

Did I get it right? :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed: :freo::freo::freo::freo::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:
Great facetiousness. It had me for a while there.
Well played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back