Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Deadset gun. Going to make a few blues as he develops but got that whole Matrix thing going on that Mundy, Pendlebury et al have. Long term either stays as KPD (2nd or 3rd - primary rebounder from defence) or moves into the mid with Mundy when Fyfe retires.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I reckon he does have a bit of that weird time in traffic vibe.

I'm not sure what he is (KPD, 3rd tall, mid, flanker) but he is good.

Mogumber

All Australian
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
His kicking style looks a bit awkward but it seems to work for him.

He kicks quickly though, got caught once yesterday but generally he doesn't have the ball long when kicking.
Young on the other hand takes a bloody long time to kick.

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not to get too carried away but there is speedier but not as strong Bont in there if we can develop him correctly

I’d love to have an honest conversation with JL about the long term plan for him
I can see the midfield (especially wing) calls, but he doesn't have the kicking skills of Bont.

gaskin

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
F*** Alabama
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Yeah, I was going to say I didn't think Bont's kicking was in Mundy's league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kicking tiers in the AFL

1. Tex
2. Pendles,Mundy
3. Bont, Walters, Sicily, Dusty
5. Chapman

Something like that. Obviously plenty of names on most levels, except 1 and 2. Tex is clearly the best I think.

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm in the minority who thinks that was a bit of a shank.
He meant it, but not THAT well IMO.

I hope by the end of the year we can see Chappy get a run on the wing or centre square, even if just for 5 minutes or so. He’ll have Young’s position on lock the next 12 weeks

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

I hope by the end of the year we can see Chappy get a run on the wing or centre square, even if just for 5 minutes or so. He’ll have Young’s position on lock the next 12 weeks
Having watched him now I think I can definitely see a winger. Tanks, size, speed, aerial threat and a good kick.

Him and Freddy could make us lethal out wide in a couple of years.

prpl_jss

NITK
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Anyone playing the Scum, Old Easts

I’m a glass half full kinda guy 😁

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's all this wing talk? I'm seeing genuine inside out onballer here. Star of the comp level.

Just like when we spun the wheel and it came up Serong and Young last year we've hit the jackpot again.

No pressure kid.

rgauci

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
He is amazing with repeat efforts in the backline. I like him where he is. We are slowly building an impenetrable defense. It’s still way too leaky. You need a rock solid defense for when the midfield lose, which happens to every midfield now and then. No midfield is dominate start to end.

BettercallSaul

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
What's all this wing talk? I'm seeing genuine inside out onballer here. Star of the comp level.

Just like when we spun the wheel and it came up Serong and Young last year we've hit the jackpot again.

No pressure kid.
This. He will be a big midfielder. Great below his knees, composed in traffic v good kick.

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
He may end up in the guts, but the skill transfer from HB to wing is easier than to the middle. So I think he'll go via the wing if he does end up inside.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
As most attacks are built from defence these days, I'd like to see him stay there for a few years at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad