Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Happy with this pick. I reckon we could see him all over the ground and not necessarily as a defender. People were saying we didn't need another defender, but we also don't really need another mid and there were no forwards worth the pick. Another defender on the list can't really hurt considering the injuries to our defence over the last couple of seasons.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Happy with this pick. I reckon we could see him all over the ground and not necessarily as a defender. People were saying we didn't need another defender, but we also don't really need another mid and there were no forwards worth the pick. Another defender on the list can't really hurt considering the injuries to our defence over the last couple of seasons.
Still only 18 - it would be nice if he could grow 1 or 2 centimetres. He's only 1cm shorter than Aaron Naughton when drafted, with his aerial skills I could see him being groomed as a forward. At worst he frees up guys like Cox and / or Logue to play forward.

He's a defender (putting this here as in 2024 when he's a mid you can give me crap).

Cox - Logue ....need to convert to other positions ...Hamling, Pearce, Ryan and Chapman ...the other teams may not score!

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's a defender (putting this here as in 2024 when he's a mid you can give me crap).

Cox - Logue ....need to convert to other positions ...Hamling, Pearce, Ryan and Chapman ...the other teams may not score!
Aaron Naughton was a pure defender when we passed on him, much to salim malik's disgust. The kid is 18 and has the skills and physical attributes to play in a number of positions. This is going to be a really interesting year for Peel.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
First thing that came to mind was this story from a few months back. Wherever he ends up on the ground, we certainly have another top quality character: https://www.afl.com.au/news/509751/-i-play-for-him-top-15-prospect-on-his-biggest-inspiration

I’ve got a lot of admiration for young carers. Their schooling and social life can be really affected but sounds like his parents have been great with all the kids and he’s been awesome stepping up when his parents need a break. Top kid.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez what a highlights package. Tall, fast, amazing mark, huge long kick.

Can’t go wrong, so what we have too many tall defenders. You can’t have enough highly skilled players.

Up to the coaches to have a game plan that takes advantage of the nuances of the list.

scoreboards will read opposition 2.7 Freo 5.10. on a sunny day :thumbsupv1:

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
F@ck me just reviewing rhe vid. Imagine this guy in the same team with Grif Logue and Alex Pearce..my god. He's like a James Clement if he were a foot taller and on speed.

Jul 20, 2018
So freo will only need to score one behind next season each game

Cos no one will break through our defence! Ha

Very happy with this pick - can see him up on the wing at times

Welcome Chappy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back