Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great pick.

I would play him back for the following reasons:
1. Cox can be moved forward to replace Hogan
2. Hamling, Logue, and Pearce won't all play 22 games. Chapman can be a replacement. If the three are not injured we can load management.
3. Hamling is 29 next year.
4. Similar to point 2. Hamling, and Pearce are still not out the woods with injuries. Would have been handy if we had Chapman last year.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Great pick.

I would play him back for the following reasons:
1. Cox can be moved forward to replace Hogan
2. Hamling, Logue, and Pearce won't all play 22 games. Chapman can be a replacement. If the three are not injured we can load management.
3. Hamling is 29 next year.
4. Similar to point 2. Hamling, and Pearce are still not out the woods with injuries. Would have been handy if we had Chapman last year.
Do we ever load manage?

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Let him dominate at Peel Thunder for most of the season and bring him in if either someone goes down or his form is too good to not bring him in.

Wabjub

Official buddy 2022 - The Raz
Mar 24, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Let him dominate at Peel Thunder for most of the season and bring him in if either someone goes down or his form is too good to not bring him in.
That sounds like a waste. The forward line has holes to be filled. Put either Him, Cox or Logue with the forward team and let them have a pre-season learning the trade up front.

Mogumber

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe had kicked 6 goals in a colts GF for Claremont though.
He had played forward, Heath will probs start on the bench and move back when needed to start

Hes played 1 WAFL senior game, how about we let him play half back, the position he’s comfortable with & let him gain confidence playing senior footy & put on some bulk.
He’s only recently switched to playing back he grew up playing forward n midfield

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s only recently switched to playing back he grew up playing forward n midfield
Sorry I didn’t realise he was drafted on his form as a 15 year old junior.

Edit, apologies that was rude. My point is let’s let him gain confidence playing senior footy in the position he has excelled at the highest level he’s played, before moving him around the field.

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Sorry I didn’t realise he was drafted on his form as a 15 year old junior.

Edit, apologies that was rude. My point is let’s let him gain confidence playing senior footy in the position he has excelled at the highest level he’s played, before moving him around the field.
I see two issues.

If he's going to be given games as a hbf/kpd then it could be quite a while before he gets a debut at AFL level.

If he is kept in that position at Peel it will hold back his development in other positions, something that both he and Bell are openly asserting that he is capable of.

I would put him forward at Peel with some runs in the middle and see how he goes.

Crowden Treacy Chapman
Colyer Cox Western

Back