Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
WP’s Italian connection is long gone now...it’s 90% poms up Joondalup way! Maybe should be nicknamed the chippie munchers or curry munchers these days.

Interesting that you should note this. WP were always the garlic munchers in my youth, but while researching Mr Glucina (see above), I came across a nice piece on Freo's football history (by a Pom who arrived in the 60s I think) that said that because of the Croation and Italian influence, Souths were known as garlic munchers as much as West Perth. Of course, to Anglos anyone who ate something other than pork pies and peas was eligible for that description!

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
IMO this season was not a good reflection on how draftees can cope with a season. Games were reduced by 20% fixtures were reduced by 20% and travel every other week was essentially taken out of the equation. The biggest hurdle was when the AFL scheduled the 30 games in 30 days or whatever it was.

With quarters going back to 20 mins, a full season of fixtures, travel every other week and reduced list sizes, I wouldn’t expect our 2020 draftees to play anymore than 12 games next year.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
I’ve been telling anyone who will listen that the upside here is huge. He’s a longer term bigbodied mid in the making.

Yep, Bell has already said he is basically David Mundy’s replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Mundy’s replacement “, this statement does not compute.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
He'll be retired in 2034 when Mundy retires...

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Hi guys.

Is Chappy likely to get a game round one.

Good to see another Chapman in the AFL.
wouldn't think so. Can't see who he'd replace at this stage unless it's that new position that came in last year if he's prepared to tuck his shirt in and walk around the bench with a head mike and clipboard. I believe that position's still vacant.

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Looking forward to seeing Heath in action at some stage. Getting a lot of positive wraps in the build up to the start of the season

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Interesting that you should note this. WP were always the garlic munchers in my youth, but while researching Mr Glucina (see above), I came across a nice piece on Freo's football history (by a Pom who arrived in the 60s I think) that said that because of the Croation and Italian influence, Souths were known as garlic munchers as much as West Perth. Of course, to Anglos anyone who ate something other than pork pies and peas was eligible for that description!
Yes there was always a friendly fight about who were the real Garlic Munchers.All in good fun
I remember going to Leederville oval one day when Colin (Polly) Beard coaching Souths, he walked the boundary line with a necklace of garlic.It drew amny laughs and lots of humour.
AGHHH the great days of the once great WAFL.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
It seems that Chapman and Young will be playing for the one spot over the next few weeks.
Maybe Young has the edge so far, but from all accounts Chapman is playing very well and making everyone sit up and take notice.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
It seems that Chapman and Young will be playing for the one spot over the next few weeks.
Maybe Young has the edge so far, but from all accounts Chapman is playing very well and making everyone sit up and take notice.
If Young's oiled-up left peg doesn't cross the boundary line in round 1 I might struggle to go on.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
good to have healthy competition, Wilson should be watching his back.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Think you are correct and I think Wilson has cruised around too much over the last 18 months, so I won't be sad if he gets a wake-up call should he not perform.
Spot on. He's hot and cold too much for a 28 year old, 130+ gamer. Lots of pressure for those Half Back spots. Hughes, Wilson, Chapman and Young all hav eto fit somewhere

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have the AFL confirmed if our boys can play WAFL at peel this year or are there any restrictions expected there at all? Very important to the likes of Valente Walker O’Driscoll

Back