Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

I don't suppose they give rising star nominations to players that look like they've already played 100 games when they've only played four. But if they did....
He's the same as Serong last year (just not as dominant because he's playing backline) where you just expect him to be a good player each week. What I would do to get a straight answer from the coaches about where they see him playing in the future...

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's the same as Serong last year (just not as dominant because he's playing backline) where you just expect him to be a good player each week. What I would do to get a straight answer from the coaches about where they see him playing in the future...
He's an absolute bloody beauty. Play him anywhere I reckon. Just play him.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
He will have a nomination before long.He looks like a player that has been playing at this level for a few years.Cool calm and collected,Never seems flustered.
In a team effort Sunday, he may have slid a little into the back ground, but his stats tell the story.!8 disposals, 11 hand balls, 7 kicks, 4 marks, 2 tackles one goal and 260 metres gained.
A good start for the kid.He will be a super star for many years.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
He will have a nomination before long.He looks like a player that has been playing at this level for a few years.Cool calm and collected,Never seems flustered.
In a team effort Sunday, he may have slid a little into the back ground, but his stats tell the story.!8 disposals, 11 hand balls, 7 kicks, 4 marks, 2 tackles one goal and 260 metres gained.
A good start for the kid.He will be a super star for many years.
That was the week before

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Trying to figure out who he is similar to in his playing style. I remember a willowy kid called Nat Fyfe destroyingSydney at the SCG one time..maybe, just maybe..

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Yep, gun. Most kids you watch just waiting for a break out game or glimpses that they belong at the level. Some just have it straight away and you just know they are going to be a player.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Yeah I don't see the MJ comparisons personally. MJ was all smooth and languid, Chapman is much more bouncy. He reminds me more of a Dustin Fletcher type.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
With his funny bent body ball carrying action and odd ball drop he sort of reminds me of a skinnier, faster version of Trent Cotchin.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Heath emulating Fyfe's career trajectory to extent of busting his shoulder early on in it is taking things a step too far..
Well Joel Corey did his shoulder because of Vossy.
Welcome to the AFL, Chapman is
made of the right stuff, next year
I reckon we won’t recognise him.
Much like Fyfe, we need more guys who show spirit.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think he’ll be a star.

Saw him at a golf club, I asked him if I could take a photo of him with my 8 year old son. He was happy to take the snap and made conversation with my son. After we’d moved on, he started a 2nd conversation as we were leaving.
Does your 8 year old son know who Chapman was?

If so thats pretty impressive

Back