Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nik Cox is the interesting one for me. I’d love to jump ahead 12 years & see how his career has panned out as I’m not sure what sort of player he’ll end up.
I think I’d beef him up a little bit & have him at the third tall up forward for full value, but he needs to add some strength.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Chappy will be the best of this draft when all their careers are done.

If there was a redraft and Chappy was plugged as a 6’3 skilled mid, which fingers crossed.. instead of a 3rd tall / rebounding defender, would have went much higher. Got lucky !

Sam Berry going very under the radar in that draft, stack him up against the other midfielders taken and his numbers are probably better.

But yes, Chapman is far and away the best from the 2020 class.

Another thing about Chapman is how effective he is when not having a standout game. I'm sure people were thinking at some point today ffs Chapman do something, then you look at the stats: 22 pos, 436 M gained. That's a pretty good game.
Quality game

He just understands how to play at the elite level.

Who is better Young or Chapman or are they on a similar A grade projection

I firmly believe that Chapman has him covered. And everyone else outside of Darcy and brayshaw.

He does a lot very well for such a young player. One think I like I’d how hard he runs on the angle to create an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I firmly believe that Chapman has him covered. And everyone else outside of Darcy and brayshaw.

He does a lot very well for such a young player. One think I like I’d how hard he runs on the angle to create an option.

Chapman has incredibly high football iq. Defending and rebounding. With the ball and without.

Having said that Young really imposed himself on the game today. All 4 quarters.

The fact both of these guys will be available for probably 10 more years is huge. Walker 10 more years too.

Another thing about Chapman is how effective he is when not having a standout game. I'm sure people were thinking at some point today ffs Chapman do something, then you look at the stats: 22 pos, 436 M gained. That's a pretty good game.

Heath had 14 marks too.
I think he was playing close stuff on Frisch ?

Is
Good to see him return to form after a few indifferent performances. Possibly has been suffering from Covid after effects.
it just me or does he get caught holding the ball more often that I’d like. Not sure if it’s due to lack of options or not taking the first option quickly. Just a thought that has struck me a few times.

Is

it just me or does he get caught holding the ball more often that I’d like. Not sure if it’s due to lack of options or not taking the first option quickly. Just a thought that has struck me a few times.

He averages 0.8 frees against per game. Not holding the ball frees against, total frees against.

This is the heath Chapman thread not the darcy Tucker thread

Is

I think a couple of our boys got caught out early in the game by the intensity of the Demons' tackling - I remember Brodie and Chapman both getting caught thinking they could walk through tackles. Quickly adjusted though, which is a credit to their footy smarts.

I think a couple of our boys got caught out early in the game by the intensity of the Demons' tackling - I remember Brodie and Chapman both getting caught thinking they could walk through tackles. Quickly adjusted though, which is a credit to their footy smarts.
I think maybe that was what I was saw, because I thought at the time, quick release!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back