Toast Welcome to Freo, James Aish!

Remove this Banner Ad

My Collingwood mates are spewing that we landed him. First thing they said was he is very underrated and does everything well. Lightening hands and an accurate kick (most of the time) can also take a good mark. He isn't a HBF but a winger that will replace Langdon and while he isn't as quick is a much nicer user of the ball. Reckon we got an absolute bargin but that's salary caps for you.

Welcome James, looking forward to finally having a small lockdown defender again.

He isn't a HBF but a winger that will replace Langdon and while he isn't as quick is a much nicer user of the ball. Reckon we got an absolute bargin but that's salary caps for you.
Given Longmuir coached him in the HBF position at the Pies it will be interesting to see if he agrees.

Yeah I reckon Pies supporters aren't bad at all on big footy.
Aish has played in all 5 recent Collingwood finals teams, so the dudes going mental yesterday about overpaying are way off.
Good player

Collingwood supporters are my equal second favourite on BF, along with those from the Bulldogs...thanks for the comments Pies fans

Same and I used to hate them in the brat pack era.

Maybe it's because Buckley seems to have taken an interest in our progression, and commented favorably about us when things were going well. Collingwood fans are fairly easy to talk to at games.. Can't say the same for literally any other other Vic team except for maybe the Doggies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to get Hill fit and agile again. He’s got massive quads now and I’m not sure bulking him up so much was the best idea
Yeah, I'm hoping JLo takes us back to a more traditional midfield with Hill at wing (instead of inside or HB with a higher risk of injury and the unnecessary need to bulk up) and Walters forward more to improve his longevity. Cerra, Blakely, Fyfe, Conca, Acres, Tucker is starting to build a strong midfield unit.

I especially like what he had to say about our Coach:

Aish said that Longmuir had a great tactical mind.

“From a game plan point of view, he’s probably the best I’ve had,” Aish said.

“He’s really good at teaching what he wants to get across. With the Collingwood defensive group, I think positively changed these players by being there. He’s really effective as a teacher and he’s also big on the mental side of things.

“He wants to improve his players, just how to handle being a professional athlete and all the challenges that possesses as well.

“He’s going to build good relationships with people and coach in the most effective way possible.”

Interesting that he said that JLo is the best coach he has played under.
Do they all say that?

I'm fairly confident he will play on a wing, it is generally believed that was his best position but with Sidebottom, Phillips & Pendles as your competition I can see why he has been moulded into a defender.

Loved him as a player. Probably lacks a yard of pace if there is anyone wants to be critical. Would have loved to see him play wing over Phillips at collingwood in all honesty.

Courage in spades
Silky skills
Great footy brain

He had a really "purple patch" through last year (2018) from memory where Mayne might have been out , we were playing Aish up on the wing and further up the ground in essentially Maynes role. Proved a great link up player.

After listening to his radio interview today, I must say I'm really excited to have Aish on the team now. The man spoke extremely well and seems to be looking forward to playing under Longmuir. He reckons he's the best coach he's ever played under too which is already a good sign. Welcome James!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back