Toast Welcome to Freo, James Aish!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Aish will be a good pick up for Freo if you're after a small defender. He had some of the cleanest hands at Collingwood below his knees, up there with Pendlebury, seriously very rarely fumbles. That's an underrated skill in defence. He used to cop a bit for being soft but he isn't, always goes when it's his turn.

His kicking is overrated and seems to be in this thread. It's safe rather than incisive and he can turn it over a bit under pressure. Although that irons out a little when he gets consistency and confidence I think.

He defends pretty well too but isn't express pace so some opponents are limited. Very very good overhead for his size. One down side is he does miss a bit with injuries but so does everyone at Collingwood it seems.

Anyway I liked him at the Pies, sad to see him go but think it had to happen, I wish him well at Freo.
Hey quicky, just a side note, where'd you get/find that saying from?

I have (Crows) friends in Adelaide who know Aish and think he is a better footballer than he has been recognised as so far, and they also talk about him as a really good character and leader. Seems like a really solid addition and I especially like his comments re Longmuir.

Loved seeing what aish did against Carlton yesterday. Was heartbroken when I found out him and JLo left us but if any team had to take them I am happy it was you guys always had a soft spot for you guys good luck looks like your club is heading in the right direction
I find this a lot, that Freo supporters have a soft spot for Collingwood and vice verse. Probably cause we both hate the eagles haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he deserved a bump after a super game at the weekend. Really clean user of the ball, probably best freo player after Fyfe and sonny on Saturday. We gave Collingwood a future second, for Aish and a third rounder, if I remember right? Already looks a bargain. Only turned 24 so a lot to be optimistic about!

Thought he deserved a bump after a super game at the weekend. Really clean user of the ball, probably best freo player after Fyfe and sonny on Saturday. We gave Collingwood a future second, for Aish and a third rounder, if I remember right? Already looks a bargain. Only turned 24 so a lot to be optimistic about!
I'm happy he is doing so well. Great bloke and good player. Shame couldn't get a win, but I'm sure it's not too far off.

Agree. Reminds me of the Josh Carr pickup all those years ago.

Plug and play midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back