Toast Welcome to Freo, James Aish!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he puts his body on the line far too frequently for a player who has has it broken by doing that.

He seems to me like the sort of player that is extremely easily coached. You say hang off the contest and make smart choices with the ball when it's fed to you, he does. You say make them earn every ball, he breaks his bones throwing his body back with the flight

Gotta give it up for my buddy! This is the kind of player every premiership team needs, he's so versatile and capable in so many roles and just does the basics right in every category. He went into the middle when Fyfe went down and slotted in seamlessly. You never catch yourself saying 'what the f... was that' when he's touched the ball. Congrats on the 100 and hopefully we have another 100 games of good quality but not flashy football!

Congrats on the 100 James, solid player with versatile qualities as mentioned. He would have been wrapped with the win on his milestone occasion

Congrats on the 100 James, solid player with versatile qualities as mentioned. He would have been wrapped with the win on his milestone occasion
Yes he is a solid player and had a decent game. Only criticism is I can’t quite tag him with a best position. Hope we squeeze another 100 out of him.

He doesn't need a best position, he's really the fixer of the team, depending on need he is asked to play different positions and plays them all well. His value is versatile competence at everything

All true. When we got him my expectation was he would hold down a wing, but haven’t been convinced with him there. Does his best work when he brings his defensive qualities into the battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion from the looks, but I find him a pretty uninspiring player.

He just seems to float around being vaguely competent without really having much impact on games.

He’s the perfect 22nd best player ...
Not overly inspiring but very solid in almost every area. Can play multiple roles and is experienced. To me there’s no side across the comp I’d leave him out of ... but he’d be bottom 10 in all of them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not overly inspiring but very solid in almost every area. Can play multiple roles and is experienced. To me there’s no side across the comp I’d leave him out of ... but he’d be bottom 10 in all of them.

This sums him up perfectly

He'd be in North's best 12.

Absolute jet this guy.
You ask him to play anywhere, he will just about do the role his way and do it to such an elite level. He relishes the inside midfield role, seems to want to be in there getting the contested ball.
Fast becoming a favourite player at the club, and a cult legend with the long sleeves

Hes the glue sort of player that teams win premierships off. He does the unheralded stuff, almost behind the scenes stuff. Been a very astute pickup.
I stick by this.

If we win a premiership its because this bloke did some sort of special assignment and took the hit for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back