Toast Welcome to Freo Jarvis Pina – Fremantle’s 1st 2019 Rookie Draft Pick [Pick #6]

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
1574993230519.png

Rookie Draft pick #6 – Jarvis Pina

DOB:
30/10/2000
POSITION: Small defender
HEIGHT: 178cm
WEIGHT: 72kg
DRAFTED FROM: Peel Thunder

Jarvis Pina is a rebounding defender from Peel Thunder.

He has impressive speed and agility and his ability to break the lines coming out of defence is terrific.

He had a really strong year at Colts level where he ranked elite for ranking points (120), disposals (21.8), marks (5.5), tackles (4.6) and score involvements (4.4).

He was rewarded with state selection at the National Carnival and was a part of WA's leadership group.

He also played four WAFL League games and acquitted himself really well at that level.

Pina attended the WA State Combine, where he impressed with a 21.4 Yo-Yo.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU
#2 small defender in the draft behind Budarick on the AFL's ratings

Have liked him for a while, he gets plenty of the pill and has really good rebound ability. Next season, I'd love to see him work even harder on the defensive side of his game and on keeping dynamite AFL-level small forwards accountable while hurting them on the counter (we have plenty of them for him to train with). If he can do it, he's the first player we've had with that ability since Roger Hayden. Backing him in to slog his guts out in the pre-season.

Welcome Jarvis!

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
This has got to be one of my favourite picks of our draft haul. Pina is such a clever player and so balanced. He reminds me a bit of Caleb Daniel in that respect, just such a high footy IQ. Stoked.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Wow. Beautiful leg on him & has some acceleration & evasive skills.
Seems like everyone we drafted can kick well & has good basic football skills. Really like where this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, there is certainly a common denominator/pattern amongst our draftees and in some cases it is both speed and skill

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow. Beautiful leg on him & has some acceleration & evasive skills.
Seems like everyone we drafted can kick well & has good basic football skills. Really like where this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our first four picks can also kick left and right really well. Young the best non preferred kick for a while.

Scatter

Club Legend
Dec 30, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone know if he has a nick name. Surely it has to be some kind of reference to Ironman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walker

Back