Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

To be perfectly honest, I think his disposal and decision making is ok at best but it’s masked by the fact his main role is to run and kick 50m.

The thing that’s surprised me most is just how damn quick he is. His speed over 30-40m is actually nuts. Another example of Dew having favourites and putting players on the outer when he shouldn’t (Flanders)
Your first part reminds me of Acres. If height was given as metres gained, Acres would win by a mile.
Sharp was robbed of play of the day the previous week with, yet again a wrong decision, where he took off on the outer wing, gaing at least 70 metres before being called back.

Alex Davies was unlucky, at the time he was considered a first round pick, maybe top ten, but Gold Coast were allowed to add him straight to their rookie list before the draft.

A club like Freo would have pressure to play a guy taken in the first round, but nobody notices a rookie listed player.
Yes, he’s the one! Always keep half an eye on Gold Coast to see what gems they have and he was one, I thought. Why isn’t he playing? Just not good enough? Better players in his position? He’s the kind of player I imagine clubs could wriggle out, talented but not developed cos of the embarrassment of riches the expansion clubs have.

He had a couple games like this at the Suns however Dew and his 'What are wingers?' game plan wasted his talents..

He has consistently showed up in 4 games now to the point where opposition teams are going to start to curb him..
That's pretty good result. Unless they'd play tight on two players, that might keep the centre freed up, right?

Yes, he’s the one! Always keep half an eye on Gold Coast to see what gems they have and he was one, I thought. Why isn’t he playing? Just not good enough? Better players in his position? He’s the kind of player I imagine clubs could wriggle out, talented but not developed cos of the embarrassment of riches the expansion clubs have.
Played alot of last year, Dew seemed to like him, didn't really do much though

Joel Jeffrey is another talent that they aren't playing

Their list is loaded

Played alot of last year, Dew seemed to like him, didn't really do much though

Joel Jeffrey is another talent that they aren't playing

Their list is loaded

Davies is a Queenslander and Jeffrey from NT so they need to move away from home if they move for more opportunity. Could put us in the picture.

Gold Coast could have an exodus of depth players for 2-3 years and wouldn’t care less such is the amount of concessions they’ve been given. Other clubs will jump at the opportunity to bring in a potential solid best 22 player for peanuts.

Here's to you Jezza
Not only have you met our requirements but you're exceeding our wildest dreams
On track to be far and away the best winger the club has seen

Boy do I laugh at myself now for ever being upset at losing Acres 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back