Welcome Welcome To Freo Josh Corbett!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Freo article:

“A dinner date with his fiancée Mikayla with Andrew Brayshaw, Caleb Serong and their partners only solidified his desire to move to WA.

“We had dinner with Andy Brayshaw and Caleb Serong and their partners,” Corbett said.

“We’ve been blown away by the Club and the list is mostly young players.

“They’re mature and are just all round good people. It’s really nice and was easy to make it appealing to travel to the other side of Australia. We’re very excited.”

Nat who? Lol

If you needed more proof who’s club this is right now, I think this is a big statement. I’m sure Corbett met our skipper but this is Andy’s and Caleb’s team now. For goodness sake, just make them co-captains already. 🤣🤣🤣 Will also let Caleb know how important he is to this team and maybe help him (in a small way) put pen to paper.

I am confused. He appears to run toward the ballcarrier and then catch the ball in his outstretched hands. What are these things?

Yea, but without Acres to deliver a ball 20km straight up in the air for it to drop straight on his head, how is he even supposed to take a mark? He’ll never make it. Trade him now!

Wonder what his pressure is like?

What was Acres pressure like when he got here? Zero. He was bagged on this board ad nauseum for being soft at the contest and lacking in pressure. Three years later and the sky is falling because we lost a completely replaceable part of our B22. Just bring the desire and JL will bring it out in him. I would think having Brodie as an example will pay dividends. If he can do it why can’t Corbs?

From the Freo article:

“A dinner date with his fiancée Mikayla with Andrew Brayshaw, Caleb Serong and their partners only solidified his desire to move to WA.

“We had dinner with Andy Brayshaw and Caleb Serong and their partners,” Corbett said.

“They’re mature and are just all round good people. It’s really nice and was easy to make it appealing to travel to the other side of Australia. We’re very excited.”

Nat who? Lol

If you needed more proof who’s club this is right now, I think this is a big statement. I’m sure Corbett met our skipper but this is Andy’s and Caleb’s team now. For goodness sake, just make them co-captains already. 🤣🤣🤣 Will also let Caleb know how important he is to this team and maybe help him (in a small way) put pen to paper.
Not yet, give Nat one more year imo.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was next year though.

What was Acres pressure like when he got here? Zero. He was bagged on this board ad nauseum for being soft at the contest and lacking in pressure. Three years later and the sky is falling because we lost a completely replaceable part of our B22. Just bring the desire and JL will bring it out in him. I would think having Brodie as an example will pay dividends. If he can do it why can’t Corbs?

If Josh Corbett has a good year in 2023 like Broadie and Jordan Clark had in 2022, He will be a solid player.

My expectations won't be high on Corbett.

Still, I think he will be depth or a stop gap player for 2 or 3 years.

If he kicks 25-30 goals next season then that is good.

You can be good at pressuring but still be a bit soft in the contest.
The knock on acres was that he used to hear the footsteps behind him a bit too loud. I remember him pulling out of marking contests a couple of times when the big pack was charging in behind him.
To be fair he toughened up a lot this season. The Geelong game in the rain 2 years ago was just about his lowest point at the club.
The praise for his defensive work this year related more to his running up and down the wing filling space in strategic areas, especially when opposition had the ball. The goal against Geelong in kardinya park this year typified it well when they were turned over on the kick in and we scored.

It’s a role that coaches can easily coach someone else in with a good tank however

From the Freo article:

Nat who? Lol

To be fair Nat is probably surfing in Peru (?) Or abseiling in Mongoli, or some such thing.
He loves to travel and this would be his first chance to in two years.

To be fair Nat is probably surfing in Peru (?) Or abseiling in Mongoli, or some such thing.
I remember back in his prime the club had to approve any potentially 'dangerous' sports or activities he did. His kite surfing instructor had to get checked out by the insurance company haha. I wonder if they still go to these extents?

...If you needed more proof who’s club this is right now, I think this is a big statement. I’m sure Corbett met our skipper but this is Andy’s and Caleb’s team now. For goodness sake, just make them co-captains already. 🤣🤣🤣 ...
Yes it does. Co-Capts. Who is this Nat? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tempering my expectations on this bloke as he's not lit the world on fire at GCS thus far. If nothing else he at the very least provides some handy depth for a very cheap price tag. I still expect Tabs/Treacy/Amiss/Fyfe(?)/Sturt can keep him out of the side if they have good pre-seasons under their belt.

I'm tempering my expectations on this bloke as he's not lit the world on fire at GCS thus far. If nothing else he at the very least provides some handy depth for a very cheap price tag. I still expect Tabs/Treacy/Amiss/Fyfe(?)/Sturt can keep him out of the side if they have good pre-seasons under their belt.
C'mon mate, it's off-season. We've just signed the reincarnation of Tony Lockett. Save your doom and gloom for 5 minutes into game 1 when he fails to connect with a pass 20 feet above his head.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hadn't realised until that interview that he had missed the first half of last season injured. How many players struggle to come back from that and have an impact after they return. He had a quiet 2-3 games back but then kicked 18 goals in the last 8 rounds of VFL - having scored 23 in 17 games in 2021 in the AFL (in a struggling Suns team).

Following that trend line - he could be good for 30+ goals next year if he plays a full season. For a future fourth round pick. Seems like the perfect low risk trade.

So putting his owns needs above the teams needs? Geez. The guy’s totally checked out. 🤣🤣

Seriously, you’re probably right on this one. I don’t blame him either. All of those injuries have to take a mental toll on you. I hope he comes back refreshed and ready to absolutely smash pre season training. A fully fit and firing Fyfe would be massive for our team.

I hope he does well, he seems like a really lovely and salt-of-the-earth boy.

Yep Great attitude , Bringing some really good people into our club . All the best Josh:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back