Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the dominance of 200cm+ key forwards winning the Coleman every year we should really make height the MOST important factor.

Except... wait a minute... Hawkins 198cm, Cameron 196cm, Kennedy 194cm, Riewoldt 195cm, Franklin 199cm

Given the dominance of 200cm+ key forwards winning the Coleman every year we should really make height the MOST important factor.

Except... wait a minute... Hawkins 198cm, Cameron 196cm, Kennedy 194cm, Riewoldt 195cm, Franklin 199cm
The youngest one there was drafted, well wasn't drafted, almost ten years ago.

Which is my point, ten years ago Pav was a gun key forward at 192cm. In ten years time when we want a key forward leading the attack I expect 194 to be undersized. That just means we also need another giant key forward in the next few years.

The youngest one there was drafted, well wasn't drafted, almost ten years ago.

Which is my point, ten years ago Pav was a gun key forward at 192cm. In ten years time when we want a key forward leading the attack I expect 194 to be undersized. That just means we also need another giant key forward in the next few years.
Height is just one variable. Leap, speed etc are all factors. Rather have a 194cm key forward that's quick and can leap 90cm than a 210cm that can only do 50cm.

Height is just one variable. Leap, speed etc are all factors. Rather have a 194cm key forward that's quick and can leap 90cm than a 210cm that can only do 50cm.
I agree, I'm not all about height but I do expect elite forwards and defender will trend taller and taller.

Anyone with a bit of time on their hands and/or good knowledge of last year's draft class fancy working out how many Victorian (i.e. didn't play in 2020) 194+ cm KPFs were drafted before Treacy?

I'm betting there probably wasn't more than maybe four or five, with many of those listed as KPD/KPF — the point being that lack of exposed form saw drafters going for safer options and/or multi-positional prospects.

You want inside mids to be Pav's size atm. Still Lachie Neale at 1,77m won last year's Brownlow with the best average votes ever.

Anyone with a bit of time on their hands and/or good knowledge of last year's draft class fancy working out how many Victorian (i.e. didn't play in 2020) 194+ cm KPFs were drafted before Treacy?

I'm betting there probably wasn't more than maybe four or five, with many of those listed as KPD/KPF — the point being that lack of exposed form saw drafters going for safer options and/or multi-positional prospects.

Its not that hard because there were only 59 picks in that draft. The answer as far as I can make out (not including multipositional ones) were:
  • Pick 1 - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (194cm)
  • Pick 31 - Liam McMahon (194cm)

Maybe Jack Darling with a set of Cohunas?

I think he put in a fair bit of time on the gym last year while he wasn’t playing. The comments on his IG seem to indicate he’s put on a bit of size.

I really liked Adelaide’s forward line when they had Walker, Jenkins, McGovern and Lynch with Betts and Cameron.

I think we could go with a similar setup with Tabs, Lobb, Treacy, Sturt, Walters and Henry.

Haven't seen the incident, but hopefully this is a bit of a reality check for Treacy. I know you guys love your so called "tough, intimidating" forwards, but I cringe at their stupidity, all they do is give away valuable free kicks and 50m penalties. Tough isn't bumping someone after they kick it.

Hope JL tells him this suspension hurts the whole team and to play smarter personally

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance he will ever complete a full season...

...guaranteed at least 2-3 games a year suspended.

A one man wrecking ball, love it. That first tackle where he sent that poor kid flying through the air (Boy oh boy, woweee!!)

Jesus - I was only joking!!

Has anyone seen the incident in question ? Saw some posts about a heavy tackle on Brady Grey but this is a striking charge ?

Is the one where Hancock was scuffling with the then concussed Perth player? Awful.
even for a tackle, you still get a week. It’s a serious case of mistaken identity here

There is no way he gets suspended (particularly 3 weeks) on hearsay. They would know that without video evidence, any challenge from us would see it thrown out.

Has anyone seen the incident in question ? Saw some posts about a heavy tackle on Brady Grey but this is a striking charge ?
It was pretty close to where I was sitting. At the time it just looked like a really strong front on tackle, and Treacy's full body weight fell on top of Brady. Having said that, I couldn't see if there was a raised elbow or forearm, so not qualified to say - all I know is Brady is a tough little bugger and he came straight off.

Not really an issue as I doubt Josh would have got a game this weekend anyway. Does anyone know if he can have it reduced with an early guilty plea?

It was pretty close to where I was sitting. At the time it just looked like a really strong front on tackle, and Treacy's full body weight fell on top of Brady. Having said that, I couldn't see if there was a raised elbow or forearm, so not qualified to say - all I know is Brady is a tough little bugger and he came straight off.

Not really an issue as I doubt Josh would have got a game this weekend anyway. Does anyone know if he can have it reduced with an early guilty plea?
Down to 2 weeks.
however he’s been charged with striking, not a dangerous tackle.
footage won’t be released until tomorrow apparently

He can have it reduced to 2 with early guilty plea. I am worried that if we appeal the early plea option is taken away and we could end up with 3 weeks. No game times at all. Bizarre that no mention of the Hancock incident that saw an ambulance called???

Can’t see how it’s classified as intentional, surely careless classification.
What would he get if they got it changed to careless?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back