Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hunter "remonstrating" was the funny bit. Took a dive into his ass then acted like his legs didn't work so he couldn't get up again. So much pooing himself but "flying the flag". Barry Hall did dumb things. But he kept the opposition fearful. I hope this lad Tracy can be the same minus the punches.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
he's already tougher than Jack Darling. Winning

That's a very low bar you're setting though.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
he's already tougher than Jack Darling. Winning
Reminds me of that well known poem...

Spring is done, the grass is riz
I wonder where Darling is
They say Darling is on the wing
But I say he's crapping his pants

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
This bloke is a young Barry Hall

That Barry Hall comparison was something that flashed into my head when I saw the vision. Nothing to do with the hit - just that lead up to the centre of the ground and holding the ball in one hand as he turned around and kicked.

The good thing for this lad is that he comes here and can see a spot for himself in the team. There's no queue in the position he wants to play. If he has the talent and wants it, he can set himself a goal in a year - 18months of presenting himself to the selectors as a better option than Taberner or Lobb.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Well he is getting more talk than any of our new recruits! The new fan favourite or were we all just desperate that we recruit a Key position forward???
giphy.gif

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Former Bendigo talent manager, Steve Sharp has likened Treacy to Jonathan Brown... :cool:

Also thinks he's ready to play AFL next year.

So some low expectations set for the young lad already. Glad we're keeping the hype under control.

Could possibly be why Sharpie is a ‘former’ talent manager

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Former Bendigo talent manager, Steve Sharp has likened Treacy to Jonathan Brown... :cool:

Also thinks he's ready to play AFL next year.

So some low expectations set for the young lad already. Glad we're keeping the hype under control.
I'm reading that as when he plays next year expect peak Jonathan Brown.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Taberner finished top 5 in the coleman and made the 40 man AA squad in 2020. It's time to accept that he's good.

Like Lobb, he's replaceable, just as any player is if they drop form.

I have no idea if Traecy is going to make it. The point I was making is that there's a pathway for him. He's not going to be behind Hogan or McCarthy or Dixon . He'll look at our side and see that if he wants to get a spot he has to be good enough to replace either Lobb or Taberner.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
DeanS or someone, do you have the west article about JT? Apparently, a Pioneers talent manager is likening him to Johnathan Brown. If he's half of Browny we'll have scored the steal of the draft.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like Lobb, he's replaceable, just as any player is if they drop form.

I have no idea if Traecy is going to make it. The point I was making is that there's a pathway for him. He's not going to be behind Hogan or McCarthy or Dixon . He'll look at our side and see that if he wants to get a spot he has to be good enough to replace either Lobb or Taberner.
It’s a fine line though. If you look at it from the other side of the coin he is only an injury to Tabs or Lobb away from being gifted a game. I’d prefer there was more pressure for spots as it forces players to work hard at their craft.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Treacy will alternate between CHF and FF and expect him to pinch hit in the ruck and in the middle once his fitness grows.
Well God knows we need a forward other than Lobb who can actually ruck. Cox and Tabs are close to the two worse pinch hitting rucks I've seen, and we have them right here at the same time on the same side.
All joking aside it's a serious tactical disadvantage.

Tundrawolf

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2007
The Den
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well God knows we need a forward other than Lobb who can actually ruck. Cox and Tabs are close to the two worse pinch hitting rucks I've seen, and we have them right here at the same time on the same side.
All joking aside it's a serious tactical disadvantage.
That's WAFL that i'm talking about, and I guess they'll weigh up how he performs in each role to see where he's best suited at AFL level.

Jun 4, 2008
Kardinya
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like this (from The Australian):

Josh Treacy (Bendigo Pioneers)

Forward, 193cm, 92kg

Josh Treacy is strong key-forward with great physicality and an impressive aerobic base. Treacy plays in the mould of Collingwood’s Brody Mihocek, a tough tall forward who can clunk pack marks and compete in contest after contest. He averaged 12 disposals, six contested possessions a goal and 90 SuperCoach points in his bottom-age year for the Bendigo Pioneers and was also set to spend time in defence in 2020. Treacy already tips the scales at 92kg as an 18-year-old – which doesn’t come as much of a surprise considering he hails from a farm in regional town Cohuna – and didn’t look out of place training with Essendon during the pre-season, where he threw his weight around.

The prospect is a vocal leader with high training standards and was named as joint captain for season 2020. While the big-bodied forward already has the frame to compete at the elite level, his agility and speed are areas of his game he will need to improve on, shaping as a secondto-third round chance in the upcoming draft. Treacy was able to play under-18 footy for local club Echuca for a brief period and shone as a deep forward and second ruckman.

Pioneers coach Damian Trustlove says: “There’s not too many kids as tough as him that I’ve come across. He’s not dirty at all but if someone gets in his way, look out… he’s a brutal beast.”

Let's all cross our fingers - he sounds like a good bet as an outside chance

Sent from my CPH1931 using Tapatalk

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Why didn’t the bombers take him? I guess they didn’t take Barlow either but it seems like they would have been on the lookout for a developing forward.

Back