Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo media team are all over the branding :)

131300325_1604450166429599_444272288932315566_n.jpg

That's taller than the listed heights of both Darling and Mihocek though and he has worked hard on his athletic traits during the shutdown.
Darling is a lot more nimble that him, and that is why he was drafted as a rookie.

Mihocheck has brilliant leading patterns and accurate goal kicking. I doubt he will be able to get enough 1 on 1's to justify his spot in AFL, especially body to body so he will need a few more tricks. (From watching his highlights that appears to be his big strength)

I am not saying he won't make it, I was just explaining why he slipped.

Last edited:
I am just choosing to take the positives out of Josh's drafting:) He was chosen as co-captain this year, clearly shows good leadership traits is what I take from that. Just looking at photo's and reading articles he appears to have worked his arse off over the Covid period, appears to have dropped weight and looks quite the specimen for an 18 year old. Another couple of preseasons and we have our answer to Jonathon Brown:):) He appears to have the work ethic that Hugh Dixon lacked. It would be comforting if his highlights showed more of his goalkicking, but I will settle for him dominating the WAFL next year instead. I have a good feeling about him, he may take time but given his mature body and the fact that we are playing Tabs and Lobb he may get a game as a third tall forward earlier than we think. Having a lesser defender on him to start with may allow the confidence to build before he is the centrepiece. I have a great feeling about young Josh:beermug::beermug::beermug:

The lad seems quick for his size and loves to put in a heavy tackle. We could use him as a large defensive forward early. Put the fear into the opposition defence hearing the heavy footsteps from behind.

Darling is a lot more nimble that him, and that is why he was drafted as a rookie.

Mihocheck has brilliant leading patterns and accurate goal kicking. I doubt he will be able to get enough 1 on 1's to justify his spot in AFL, especially body to body so he will need a few more tricks. (From watching his highlights that appears to be his big strength)

I am not saying he won't make it, I was just explaining why he slipped.
I'm sure his neck-whip muscles are nowhere near as agile as Darlings' and probably couldn't contort forward or buckle at the knees as well either, bit more fierce at the contest though. Also probably rated higher than Mihocek at the same age, given Mihocek was a mature ager.

But still, my comment was just on his height, which compares favourably to a number of key forwards around the AFL. As far as rating his attributes vs draft place, who knows what the gap year might've done to that.

Interesting that on the video he said he will probably be working close with Tabs and Hamling??:think:
Yeah, I noted that too, and we really do need one of our tall defenders to focus forward. Surprised the ‘journalist’ didn’t follow it up. But I wondered if a non-obvious reason could be if they get one of the senior defenders to mentor the rookie forwards a bit in terms of what they can expect.

Yeah, I noted that too, and we really do need one of our tall defenders to focus forward. Surprised the ‘journalist’ didn’t follow it up. But I wondered if a non-obvious reason could be if they get one of the senior defenders to mentor the rookie forwards a bit in terms of what they can expect.
I thought that too. Jlo being big on defence, you perhaps need a defender to teach them. Just thought is was an interesting comment on the insight on mentoring these guys.

Interesting that on the video he said he will probably be working close with Tabs and Hamling??:think:

He needs to practice with the key defenders if he is going to improve as a key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am just choosing to take the positives out of Josh's drafting:) He was chosen as co-captain this year, clearly shows good leadership traits is what I take from that. Just looking at photo's and reading articles he appears to have worked his arse off over the Covid period, appears to have dropped weight and looks quite the specimen for an 18 year old. Another couple of preseasons and we have our answer to Jonathon Brown:):) He appears to have the work ethic that Hugh Dixon lacked. It would be comforting if his highlights showed more of his goalkicking, but I will settle for him dominating the WAFL next year instead. I have a good feeling about him, he may take time but given his mature body and the fact that we are playing Tabs and Lobb he may get a game as a third tall forward earlier than we think. Having a lesser defender on him to start with may allow the confidence to build before he is the centrepiece. I have a great feeling about young Josh:beermug::beermug::beermug:
What you have said, and in spades.
Well said.

Barlow was a legendary rookie get, maybe just fits that timeframe. Lee Spurr also very handy.

But of late a lot of the rookie spots have been used for list management purposes, with players coming in off the main list either injury prone types with talent or those who haven't cemented but they wanted more of a look at.
I would also Consider Clancee Pearce and Matt de Boer success stories as well.

Clancee Pearce wasnt elite. But getting 100 games in 8 years is solid service.

Matt de Boer played 138 games for us. Still on GWS list. Played 50 games so far. Hoping he plays another 12 more in 2021 to make it to 200 AFL games.

did I just read right...Sully. Ah yes speaking from experience....10 weeks wasn't it?

pft play on
It's difficult watching that hit on Ling again. One of the few times It's been embarrassing being a supporter of the club.

Reading Pav's book - it seems like Harvey found it difficult disciplining his mates - Tarrant, Solly etc. We were a bit of a boys club. Even letting Belly live in Gero before the 08 season was a slipping of standards.
Reminds me of the "Thugmantle" Era of 2005-8. Soloman, Josh Carr and Matt Carr definately added some niggle and a bit of thuggery at the club.

Still remembered that time Matt and Josh Carr ganged up on Daniel Kerr in the late derby of 2006 when freo won by 57 points.

Daniel Kerr got a free for having his head taken off by Matt Carr.

I think it says a fair bit about team situation that the most popular draftee thread is the Victorian rookie kid rather than the local 1st or 2nd round picks. I'm not sure whether I should be amused or uncomfortable, probably both.
2020 has been a strange year and deserves an unexpected finish. Josh Treacy is the second coming of Lord Matthew Pavlich. In a year where both of Fremantles "Great White Hopes" were sent packing, it would only be fitting that the one Key Forward selected would turn into "The One". He's here Ladies and Gentlemen. Strap yourselves in.

Last edited:
2020 has been a strange year and deserves an unexpected finish. Josh Treacy is the second coming of Lord Matthew Pavlich. In a year where both of Fremantles "Great White Hopes" were sent packing, it would only be fitting that the one Key Forward selectes would turn into "The One". He's here Ladies and Gentlemen. Strap yourselves in.
Love it moist 😆

Hamling could be helping him figure out how to get away from defenders. Johnno used to work with Tabs quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back