Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Alternative facts ...

Oh wait - not the word association thread.

Still don’t understand the first post, now this has me more confused. So again - wot?

I’m at the age where I’ll gladly admit that a lot of things go over my head. Just laugh and move on, none the wiser.

Let’s put it this way IP, you can admire Josh’s bum & thighs with great delight, even if you don’t want to “own” them.

Keep on truckin.

I’m at the age where I’ll gladly admit that a lot of things go over my head. Just laugh and move on, none the wiser.

Let’s put it this way IP, you can admire Josh’s bum & thighs with great delight, even if you don’t want to “own” them.

Keep on truckin.
Lol no interest in admiring the bum and thighs of an 18yo boy! 😱 😆

And in my defence theGav56, I tried to put an immediate end to the ‘get Treacy in the IP’ comment, but it raced off in an unintended direction. 😫
I find myself attracted bigly back to this thread, and indeed here I am on this peculiar new year's eve. Young Treacy finds himself placed in a difficult situation. Not to further confuse the thread, he is a bit of a a unicorn. A rookie lister with the hidden power to lift our team up, beyond where we have previously ventured. Good luck to him I say.

No doubt the filling the KPF hole is a major reason but people are also curious creatures. Most semi-interested folk here knew about the 4 WA boys before the draft. Only a handful of us knew anything at all about Treacy. I'm expecting once they start training and Western carves it up with his speed he'll be most talked about followed by the smooth run of Walker. Then once AFL/WAFL seasons start we'll focus more on what Chappy and Drisco bring. If we're still talking about Treacy the most in a few months then the hype train will have not only left the station it will rocketing down the tracks at full speed.

Well I think it's safe to say the hype train is rocketing full speed down the tracks. Hype train authorities have completely lost hope of catching up to it now, and are instead looking to head it off when it passes the MCG in Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really think he can play alongside Lobb and Tabs. We’ve done the three forwards with Hogan. Lobb isn’t a stay at home forward. Better for him to go up the wings etc. Treacy is going to be a handful for a third defender

If he's ready, then worst come to worst (i.e. Darcy out), there's still a big forward to be looking after while Tabs is taking back up ruck duties.

Cerra = Pendlebury
Brayshaw = Cotchin
Serong = Neale
Fyfe =Fyfe
Treacy = Carey

That might be going some, but from what I saw today he has a set shot kicking style that will set him up to score goals throughout his career. Two set shots from 45 out, split the posts half way up at a pace which means wind will be less of a factor. Suggests he could comfortably carry 55 yards without having to force it.

Just because he was a rookie pick doesn’t make him a project pick like a Tabs or an Apeness - just a no nonsense full forward who didn’t get to play in his U18 season due to a once in generation pandemic.

Reminded me of a young Tom Hawkins to be honest. A bit of pace, good on the lead, straight long kick, big clean hands. Nothing flash, just a good old fashioned full forward.

That might be going some, but from what I saw today he has a set shot kicking style that will set him up to score goals throughout his career. Two set shots from 45 out, split the posts half way up at a pace which means wind will be less of a factor. Suggests he could comfortably carry 55 yards without having to force it.

Just because he was a rookie pick doesn’t make him a project pick like a Tabs or an Apeness - just a no nonsense full forward who didn’t get to play in his U18 season due to a once in generation pandemic.

Reminded me of a young Tom Hawkins to be honest. A bit of pace, good on the lead, straight long kick, big clean hands. Nothing flash, just a good old fashioned full forward.
Seeing him up against actual AFL bodies made me realise that he is a ****ing big boy

...... And still only EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD!

Even just love the way he grips the ball in those set shots. Get comfortable with that point-up-fwd grip and it leads to very straight kicking time and time again.

who was on Treacy, that #42?! He left them flailing like a possessed rag-dolly, his size, bulk and movement is seriously impressive for an 18-year old rookie!! I think Cyclone is going to whip up a storm!!! Sorry....bout that......there :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back