Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion. Does this bloke force Meek out next week on the balance of talls or Darcy/Treacy/Meek all play in the same side?

Sorry for the intrusion. Does this bloke force Meek out next week on the balance of talls or Darcy/Treacy/Meek all play in the same side?

Really depends how Darcy-Meek combo goes tomorrow.

I see Dangerfield was playing today against Port Melboune in the VFL after being rubbed out for three weeks. I thought any suspension was applicable across all levels - such as Treacy’s but in reverse...?

I can see it now. We will be anticipating the big fellas debut against Carlton all week.
Then Jlo will leave him out and still have Colyer named in the 18 and the melts will be epic on here

I see Dangerfield was playing today against Port Melboune in the VFL after being rubbed out for three weeks. I thought any suspension was applicable across all levels - such as Treacy’s but in reverse...?
VFL still playing praccy matches, like how Treacy kicked 7 in the praccy

Treacy is what we're missing, yes, even at full strength. Lobb drifts in marks at the highest point and boasts an excellent ruck chop-out. Tabs 1v1 and up the ground release is elite. But neither of those guys strike fear into the hearts of defenders.
I will not be judging Treacy on goals. I want defenders to be looking over their back shoulder wondering where that big ******* man child is.
The fact he can clunk and kick a 60m goal is a nice bonus.

I think that Treacy will add the bang and crash that is needed up forward.He will work well with Taberner.
Treacy will hit packs, bust them open in marking contests, making the work for the small forwards easier.
Taberner is more a one on one marking forward.He takes contested marks, but doesn't bust packs.

Last edited:
I wonder where he would have landed in the draft if he had been playing consistent footy in 2020.
This is why I think we should look at the mid season draft as early access to the national draft talent and not a top up

This is why I think we should look at the mid season draft as early access to the national draft talent and not a top up

Bit to hard for our blokes to get their head around that leaving a spot open was crucial this year

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit to hard for our blokes to get their head around that leaving a spot open was crucial this year

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Unless they thought they had scouted the bottom age year better than other clubs.

If Treacy comes on they may well be right.

Would be nice to have a pick tho.

Exactly been saying this all along. This is the covid mid season draft. The natural order of things is all over the place. It’s not at all unrealistic to think that there is at least 3 or 4 nineteen year olds from last season (probably in vic given they didn’t play any footy) who would have had bolter-type years and been drafted top 30 in last December’s draft in a normal non covid year.
There should also be another few players like jake ricciardi, Bailey Fristch, Luke Ryan, Jake Aarts, (all recent mature age State leaguers) etc etc from the VFL in 2021 who didn’t play any VFL footy last year but will be on display for 8-10 rounds over the next 2 months before the mid season draft.
To those saying we should have left an extra list spot open - disagree unless it meant delisting an extra fringe player. Otherwise we wouldn’t have got access to Treacy.
Also - No drafting of delisted spuds who have already tried and failed at another club in this mid season draft please.

He will have to earn his spot by putting a few games together says longmuir.
We won’t be seeing cyclone for a while yet bu the sounds

Meek has been doing solid. Not getting embarrassed, thought he held his own against Gawn. He can tap and a big body.
Darcy is surprisingly a mobile, agile forward for his size. He can cause headaches for defences. Can’t see why we can’t play Treacy with them, Bulldogs doing it successfully

Meanwhile over the next few weeks Fyfe will be back, Darcy will kick 1 goal 8, and we’ll continue to play s**t trucks like Colyer, Acres and Giro

Anyone notice West Coasts’ forward line in the wet yesterday containing not only Kennedy, Darling and Allen but also Jarred Brander?
WeRe GoInG To Be ToO TaLl spongebob.jpeg

He will have to earn his spot by putting a few games together says longmuir.
We won’t be seeing cyclone for a while yet bu the sounds
Why contest his ban then? He can only play AFL for the next 2 weeks??

Meanwhile over the next few weeks Fyfe will be back, Darcy will kick 1 goal 8, and we’ll continue to play sh*t trucks like Colyer, Acres and Giro

Anyone notice West Coasts’ forward line in the wet yesterday containing not only Kennedy, Darling and Allen but also Jarred Brander?
WeRe GoInG To Be ToO TaLl spongebob.jpeg

Kennedy, Darling and Allen can kick straight. Kennedy especially. You can afford to carry a forward that only gets a few touches a game if those few touches are goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back