Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kennedy: 194 cm, Pick 3, found his way to WC courtesy of Carlton. Goes on to kick over 700 goals.
Jye Amiss: 195 cm, Pick 8, found his way to Freo courtesy of Carlton. Goes on to kick over ???? goals.

I like the comparison.

JJK's first 5 seasons:
1662887446732.png

I think based off what we've seen so far Amiss will make it as a KPF.

Will he take as much time? Maybe yes but for our sakes hopefully not.

Also worth noting that 2nd season Carlton played JJK as a fwd/ruck

I like the comparison.

JJK's first 5 seasons:
View attachment 1505768

I think based off what we've seen so far Amiss will make it as a KPF.

Will he take as much time? Maybe yes but for our sakes hopefully not.

Also worth noting that 2nd season Carlton played JJK as a fwd/ruck
Also tells you not to write off Treacy. JJK was a spud in those first three years. Less than a goal a game.

In the end, after seeing us crash out of the flag race, I find myself feeling grateful that Jye got to play instead of Tabs, even knowing Tabs would've been the better option for the now, if he was fully fit.

These two finals games has given him a clear cut step up in experience and first-hand knowledge on what it takes.

If Tabs got the games we may have still lost, but the experience value is much more minimal I think.

So I feel confident Jye's development could really take a big leap from this series.
Yes, and I reckon after that game all his team mates know he is the go to guy too.

In the end, after seeing us crash out of the flag race, I find myself feeling grateful that Jye got to play instead of Tabs, even knowing Tabs would've been the better option for the now, if he was fully fit.

These two finals games has given him a clear cut step up in experience and first-hand knowledge on what it takes.

If Tabs got the games we may have still lost, but the experience value is much more minimal I think.

So I feel confident Jye's development could really take a big leap from this series.
Very impressive final series.

Didn't score but equal 3rd for contested possessions in our side yesterday.

It's not as if we dominated in most of JT's games last year either.
I'm in Treacy's corner was more saying harsh to call JK a spud

also Treacy last year

9-6

so we actually won more often than not with him in, infact he went 3-1 this year too

Bloke barely knows what losing is 😂

It took Kennedy til round 13 of his 4th year to match Treacy's first year wins and til round 18 to hit 7 (one more than Treacy's first year)

also Treacy last year

9-6

so we actually won more often than not with him in, infact he went 3-1 this year too

It took Kennedy til round 13 of his 4th year to match Treacy's first year wins and til round 18 to hit 7 (one more than Treacy's first year)
I’ve always been high on Treacy and still am. The only thing about him that is a minor issue is his rather awkward looking kicking technique. He’s a clever player, has great aggression and is only getting started. Will have a long afl career I’m certain of it.

These last two games just pencilled him into the best twenty two for next season if he turns up having put in the work

It depends if Lobb stays

You can't have Lobb, Jackson, Tabs, Amiss and Tracey in the forward line even if Jackson plays 50% mid.

Tracey most likely misses unless there is injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also Treacy last year

9-6

The spud call was tongue in cheek. JJK easily the most likable WC player I can remember and the best since Judd.

Hope you don’t mind me coming in to say this guy looks a jet! We coped a lot of s**t for taking Phillips over McDonald in the draft but I’d have Amiss as showing a lot more than McDonald. A lot more!
I would have been stoked to pick this guy at pick 3.

yeah he’s an interesting one…he’s quick and lean, has good hands, a footy brain, and a great kick.
can’t wait to see him play as the third tall with Treacy and Taberner next year

Hope you don’t mind me coming in to say this guy looks a jet! We coped a lot of s**t for taking Phillips over McDonald in the draft but I’d have Amiss as showing a lot more than McDonald. A lot more!
I would have been stoked to pick this guy at pick 3.

I really like McDonald

I'm not sure who will be better long term

yeah he’s an interesting one…he’s quick and lean, has good hands, a footy brain, and a great kick.
can’t wait to see him play as the third tall with Treacy and Taberner next year
Reminds me of J Cameron but not a flog. He looks like he will fill out more than Cameron but has similar weapons.

I'm all for getting some forward quality but that's overs for a dude that hasn't done much yet.
I've seen enough to know he is going to be good

I also think we are oozing with talent so would be willing to drop out of 2 drafts to fill that 1 Key spot for the next 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back