Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he is not debuted too soon, Let the kid develop at Peel for a season. Build up his strength and confidence.

He was 100% the necessary pick but yeah he's 2 years out for full time afl. Tabs is what, 29?, so perfect for us.

Would love to see him get 1 or 2 at least though.

There's a few decent chase and tackles on the highlights, wouldn't be the worst thing to get him in later in the year.

He was 100% the necessary pick but yeah he's 2 years out for full time afl. Tabs is what, 29?, so perfect for us.

There's a few decent chase and tackles on the highlights, wouldn't be the worst thing to get him in later in the year.
With our track record of keeping Tabs and Lobb fit he'll play at least 10 assuming he's fit himself.

If he’s truly worth pick 8 he’ll play games next year imo.

By the same token he won’t be best 22 and we should have low expectations when he does play. They’ll be the normal crowd complaining when he doesn’t average a goal a game straight away though.

Only way he doesn’t play games is if we have at least three of Taberner, Lobb, Treacy and Sturt available every game all season.

Reminds me of Jesse Hogan's good games. Maybe with size he'll fill the Naughton shaped hole we ended up never having.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Longmuir's data comes from the period when they took a guess and it was good enough. If I cared enough to review it I'd look for irregularities in the data, such as a big spike in players listed at 192cm or 194cm such that a general spread couldn't have resulted in it, more indicative of a bias towards thinking a player roughly that big was 194cm.

I remember meeting Grover once, listed as an undersized key defender, and he was a monster - towered over me by more than the 20cm his data indicated.

KPF LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Holy crap. Thats one of the best highlights vids we have seen and goes to show how much you should ignore all these desktop warriors who put together youtube clips on prospects. I'm assuming this one is put together by Freo itself.

His athleticism is awesome as are his hands and that left foot looks like it could be the best left foot kick in the F50 in the AFL. This forum will be watching that video on repeat all summer now.

Holy crap. Thats one of the best highlights vids we have seen and goes to show how much you should ignore all these desktop warriors who put together youtube clips on prospects. I'm assuming this one is put together by Freo itself.

His athleticism is awesome as are his hands and that left foot looks like it could be the best left foot kick in the F50 in the AFL. This forum will be watching that video on repeat all summer now.
These clips always show how limited our viewing is. The videos the club has access to s**t all over anything you can get as a casual observer (which is actually ******* annoying how amateurish the AFL remains).

The marking in that video is awesome, raised my hype levels 10 fold, he looks so hard to stop when given a run at it.

i always though JLO was about 198cm (6'6)
its a tactic teams do.

They measure the player 6 months before they get drafted by the afl and state system. the club then uses those results and never updates them. classic example is fyfe being listed at 188cm until 2 years ago when he suddenly became 192cm.

AFL footy will suit Jye, his leading patterns are the best I’ve seen for a kid of his age & if we can move the ball better (quicker) through the middle, defenders will sh*t themselves going 1v1 with him.
Discount his last month of footy, he was knackered physically & mentally & once he’s settled in will thrive as he hasn’t had the structured training others at this level have had.
One final point, he is an absolute ripper of a kid with a team first mentality, the comparison to Kennedy is definitely apt.
He also had three defenders on him in those last few games. That won't happen at AFL level.

He also had three defenders on him in those last few games. That won't happen at AFL level.
I hope it does.

Just imagine what it would take for an opposition to decide that Amiss needs to be defended by half their back six. The guy must kick every goal he gets a chance at and be slotting the 100th by about round 15.

Meanwhile the rest of our forwards are running into open goalsquares to slot them through because there's no traffic near them.

What I love is that when we selected him Fox Footy came up with "Plays like - Josh Kennedy"

Can you imagine if we get 8 plus years more service out of him than Carlton gets out of Cerra and he's slotting 40 to 50 a season every year.

Kennedy/Judd mk.2!!!

The boy has turned 18 in July!

Happy as!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back