Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone at least give us an idea of why he's leaving instead of being all cryptic?

Look… I’m yet to confirm from those in the inner sanctum but my sources told me the following:

Sometime in 2021 Brayshaw was doing the rounds with secret handshakes. Many were involved. Liam was welcomed and ‘in’. Unfortunately, Liam couldn’t nail the 6 part series of complicated manoeuvres. They dumbed it down for him and he still struggled. His game took a massive hit and the handshake anxiety made him question his place in the side. He wanted out. The handshake consumed him.

He spoke to Young, who had previous clients who also couldn’t nail the handshakes and had left due to the uneasy feeling. Rumour has it that Logue is still trying.

At his exit meeting, JL put his hand out to shake and welcome him into his office. Henry snapped at the extended hand and flashbacks to Brayshaw molesting his hand ran through his mind. His cards were stamped.

That’s just what I’ve heard.

Look… I’m yet to confirm from those in the inner sanctum but my sources told me the following:

Sometime in 2021 Brayshaw was doing the rounds with secret handshakes. Many were involved. Liam was welcomed and ‘in’. Unfortunately, Liam couldn’t nail the 6 part series of complicated manoeuvres. They dumbed it down for him and he still struggled. His game took a massive hit and the handshake anxiety made him question his place in the side. He wanted out. The handshake consumed him.

He spoke to Young, who had previous clients who also couldn’t nail the handshakes and had left due to the uneasy feeling. Rumour has it that Logue is still trying.

At his exit meeting, JL put his hand out to shake and welcome him into his office. Henry snapped at the extended hand and flashbacks to Brayshaw molesting his hand ran through his mind. His cards were stamped.

Checks out, never seen Liam do one of those post match handshakes 😤

Why does it matter?
Sipping Tea Time GIF

It's why he always goes for the high 5 instead.

Why does it matter?

The specifics of it don't matter, especially if they're of a personal nature - however I think a few of us would like some insight as to why a young developing player from WA is deciding to pack up and leave when it looks like he's finally locked in a spot in a team on the rise. It's baffling from an outside perspective.

Basically whether this is something related to the club's management of Liam as a player, avoidable and to be considered worrying in the greater picture of our player retention going forward, OR whether it's just something completely unique to his situation and we should just bank the picks and move on.

Do tell! Or can you at least tell us if it’s the clubs fault? 😂
If what I've heard is correct, it is not the club's fault - and Liam is making the right decision.

High Five Celebration GIF by Fremantle Dockers

Technically we are, we are paying Acres nothing and JOM something. 😂

I think Acres went for about 350k. We would be paying JOM more than that next year and the 2 years that follow. 🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

Oh right, I thought Acres was closer to $450,00. I'm fine with it either way. Acres would not have been the difference between making and missing finals.

And, if Acres were still on the team, Henry would have gotten less playing time, which would have (1) made him want out more and (2) decreased his value since he likely wouldn't have had the opportunity to show what he's got this season. So instead of getting a mid 20's pick (or whatever we get), we would have gotten diddly squat. Sliding doors stuff, I know, but I think you could reasonably say that we're getting more for Henry because we let Acres go. I'm just not fussed about letting Acres go as some on here. I don't see a big difference between him and Henry that would warrant a big contract and the reality is you can't pay everyone.

1693406582275.png

It would be interesting if we got Brockman in a trade with the Hawks. Put Brockman as a small forward and move Freddy on the wing full time. I prefer Freddy up there, but it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Or maybe it would...lol.

1693406700632.png

That’s absolute bullshit. Acres was shocked we lowballed him. He was happy to stay provided we pay him a reasonable contract. We matched Carlton’s contract in the end but it had caveats. If he got a bad injury and couldn’t play he would have been worse off financially. He took the guaranteed contract.

We are paying JOM more than Acres, and offered him a longer contract. I’d sack the list manager for that stupid decision.
If that suits your current narative run with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise the guy who lives on social media messaging people he shouldn't be and ending up in leaks - goes to Colon Cancer and shows him his role model Bazlenkas' page and says "Please Dad get me here".

What a little ****wit.
I hope he gets to north Melbourne, has a career ending injury and spends his life pushing trolleys at colin Young's nearest Woolworths.
With colin refusing to acknowledge him.

It would want to be a good reason for him going, freo gave him everything he has.. like everything

I am so meh about Henry leaving, we was starting to show promise, but for mine was adding to the critical mass of small midfielders in the team, the GWS game where we were completely outmuscled around the ball started me thinking we were too small, then the Carlton game just solidified it, can’t have Serong, Aish, JOM, AB, Switta and Henry in the same midfield.
Putting MJ on a wing made a world of difference in the last month of the year, with NOD, Stanley and potentially Sharp competing for the other spots we’ll be a much better balanced side.
Get the best pick we can and move on.
FWIW anything than ends up being a top 40 pick (after academy, F/S and FA compo picks) would be enough for me so we can swoop on Collard before he’s eligible for the WC Bid match. We need another small forward with goal scoring ability. Not another small midfielder.

Henry was listed as part of that AFL nude photos scandal a couple of months back wasnt he… I wonder if that’s got anything to do with it?

No surprise the guy who lives on social media messaging people he shouldn't be and ending up in leaks - goes to Colon Cancer and shows him his role model Bazlenkas' page and says "Please Dad get me here".
What leaks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back