Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey, if that fingernail deep analysis is enough to convince you I'm wrong then all power to you.

I don't need to post stats, I remember perfectly well that Hill was being tagged out of games in 2010 and 2011. Picken and Brady Rawlings both kept him to basically nothing and I remember vividly Ross being asked how he was going to break the tag on Stephen Hill at the first AGM he was at.

It’s easy enough to search (on the same website) what Hill did each game in 2010 and 2011. I’ll give you the tip - he wasn’t completely blanketed as much as you believe.

Outside of that I’m not sure what stats I can give you. He sure got blanketed a hand full of times and badly but it was no more than that. He was completely over the problem by his 4th season in the league.

He basically hit a wall in 2010 rd4 after our mate Ross put a hard tag on him.
I just checked and he actually had a good game in Round 4 2010 against the saints with 20 disposals and 2 goals. The next game against the saints he had 13 with no goals. So maybe Ross was taking a bit of license claiming to be the first one to tag Hill as the swans held him to 7 disposals and no goals a few rounds earlier.

It’s easy enough to search (on the same website) what Hill did each game in 2010 and 2011. I’ll give you the tip - he wasn’t completely blanketed as much as you believe.

Outside of that I’m not sure what stats I can give you. He sure got blanketed a hand full of times and badly but it was no more than that. He was completely over the problem by his 4th season in the league.

He was tagged out of the game completely half a dozen times in 2010 and 2011 and tagged enough that the tagger broke even probably 50/50 the other games he was tagged. And I admit he was not tagged every game.

He basically hit a wall in 2010 rd4 after our mate Ross put a hard tag on him.

He hit the wall after whoever was coaching North (Laidley?) gave one of the Rawlings strict instructions to dry hump Stephen all game. After being violated in the game, Stephen then had to go through it in the media after Lethal Leigh decided to publicly question his mental fortitude. Trash by Lethal.

He hit the wall after whoever was coaching North (Laidley?) gave one of the Rawlings strict instructions to dry hump Stephen all game. After being violated in the game, Stephen then had to go through it in the media after Lethal Leigh decided to publicly question his mental fortitude. Trash by Lethal.
Just because Lethal went the simplistic 'He's soft' analysis (seriously is there worse quadruple premiership winning coach than Matthews? He is as dumb a bag of hammers.) doesn't mean Hill didn't have a problem. He didn't have the tank to burn off a tagger, nor the strength to take them inside and lose them. In the end shifting position to ones where he had to get rather than receive the ball was the only option.

Last edited:
Just because Lethal went the simplistic 'He's soft' analysis (seriously is there worse quadruple premiership winning coach than Matthews? He is as dumb a bag of hammers.) doesn't mean Hill didn't have a problem. He didn't have the tank to burn off tagger, nor the strength to take them inside and lose them. In the end shifting position to ones where he had to get rather than receive the ball was the only option.
Triple premiership winning coaches is an elite category to be the worst in.

Jesus you just brought up some repressed memories for me in that game. Rawlings got away with all the stuff that Crowley was constantly accused of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nice to hear that we're actually building a rookie slowly for once, not rushing him into the AFL, just letting him build his fitness, he's gonna be ******* great to watch when he finally debuts.

It's nice to hear that we're actually building a rookie slowly for once, not rushing him into the AFL, just letting him build his fitness, he's gonna be ******* great to watch when he finally debuts.
He is very slight, and I believe they are trying to build his calves up 20% stronger than everyone else to compensate.

I watched a replay of draft night a few weeks ago and a few of the experts were saying Liam was their favourite player to watch from this draft.

Cant wait to see what he can do in the future

Ive watched him mucking around playing backyard basketball and shooting a few hoops a year or two ago and I was gobsmacked by his skills which you simply cannot teach. It was mesmerising,he had the ball by a string. He’s going to be awesome. Can’t wait to see him out there in the purple

Really looking forward to his debut and his overall career-in-waiting. Special talent and a good head upon his shoulders. Likes a neat tie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back