Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Finally! Welcome to Freo Liam Henry!

DOB: 28-08-2001 (18)
POSITION: Mid/forward
HEIGHT: 179cm
WEIGHT: 67kg
DRAFTED FROM: Claremont, Western Australia

STRENGTHS

Speed
Footskills
Poise
Versatility
Finishing quality

IMPROVEMENTS

Durability
Strength

DRAFT ANALYSIS: "An extremely talented mid/forward with class and skill, Henry just has to spend time in the gym to cope against the stronger AFL bodies."

LIAM Henry is one of those players that you would love to see what they can produce on the big stage as they have all the attributes to take over a game. Blessed with speed and terrific foot skills, he will very likely be a big part of Fremantle’s future as Henry is a part of the Dockers’ Next Generation Academy.

Originally from the very small Wheatbelt town of Tammin, Henry played his WAFL football at Claremont where he made a considerable impact. The livewire was also a member of the Western Australia Under-18 National Championships winning team and was deservedly named in the All-Australian squad. Sadly, the Indigenous youngster could not add to his fine body of work as a knee injury sustained during school footy ruled him out for the latter part of the campaign, therefore, missing out on a Tigers premiership.

The 18-year-old is certainly fleet of foot, but you certainly would not call him a big midfielder by today’s standards. Weighing less than 70kg, he is likely to have to spend a number of hours at the Dockers’ facility in Cockburn over the summer to get his body attuned to the buffeting that senior footy delivers. Henry averaged 18 disposals at the carnival along with five marks, four tackles, three tackles and three goals which earned him a spot in the forward line of the U/18 All-Australian team. It was that level of performance that would have sealed the deal for the Dockers draft team, not that there would have been much doubt beforehand. His best performance came against Vic Country where he collected 26 disposals, five tackles, five rebound 50s and four inside 50s.

DRAFT RANGE: 12-20

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has anyone ever seen a more likely candidate for not just Freo but AFL poster boy of the future? Smart, skillful and bloody handsome to boot. Absolute marketing dream and it's going to be a privilege to have him as one of ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
David Kings favourite player this year.

And mine as well. King said we will look back at this draft and say what a bargain Henry was at pick 9. That’s a hell of a statement.

My dream would be for him to develop into that exciting, dynamic, unpredictable CRioli EBetts type player. I can see him pulling off some incredible move inside 50 to slot a goal in traffic...and the Optus crowd absolutely goes fuc*** mad.

Freo better get a head start printing Henry jumpers. They’re gonna sell like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I want to give his Dad a hug. I didn’t enjoy live bid from Carlton coupled with our pick trade. Stressful, confusing. I can’t imagine how it would feel as a player or family in the room. Stoked we matched.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've been unwell for a while, so a bit fragile, but couldn't hold back the tears when I saw his parents and heard him speak.

VERY excited to have him at Freo
Couldn't help but get emotional myself and judging from the comments i've seen we are sure not alone!
Wishing you all the best too FreoGirl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back