Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Stroked we have him... have we got anything else game wise or highlight wise? I didn't think there was much special in the highlights. We don't have any testing either as he was injured. What is he like for pace? 20m? Endurance? Agility?

He seems to have a very smooth 30m kick. How does he go over 40-50m?

Not knocking him, I may have missed the info or just not seen it.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
have we got anything else game wise or highlight wise?
There's not much out there. You can find snippets on WAFL channel on YouTube - I think I've posted most of them here before. He's certainly got him self in good shape ahead of pre-season :)

What's also interesting is that guy he is training with in that picture is Kalani Brooks. Was an absolute gun junior from Margaret River way. Think he might be in next year's draft? Anyone know much about how he is tracking? Is he in the mix for the WA team? Kind of fell off the map for me but remember being wow'd watching him play a few years back.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Academy Star Henry Ready To Rock ‘N’ Roll

JORDAN MCARDLE

Fremantle draftee Liam Henry is hoping he can join the main training group after Christmas as he works his way back from a dislocated knee cap. The exciting midfielderforward , likened to Michael Walters , sustained a season-ending knee injury playing for Christ Church but is making solid progress in his rehabilitation. “I’m just coming into doing some line work so I can’t wait to get stuck into pre-season on Monday,” Henry said. “We’ll see what the Freo docs say but hopefully after Christmas I can resume full training. “My dream was to play AFL footy and now that’s come true, I’m stoked.” Fremantle have put plenty of time into their Next Generation Academy talent, with Walters, former player Bradley Hill and academy coach Tendai Mzungu among his mentors. Henry’s phone was running hot after the Dockers matched Carlton’s bid at pick No.9, with new teammate Walters among those to congratulate him. “Sonny has been a good role model for myself and coming up to myself, he emphasised about being a good person off-field as well as on-field ,” Henry said. “We’ve got a really good relationship and he has been a really big part of my career, so I’m excited to continue to learn off him. “He’s already messaged me and he’s really excited for me. He’s messaged me throughout this and said he can’t wait to play alongside me.” Henry becomes the second NGA player on the Dockers’ list, joining Wyndham-bred defender Jason Carter, who made his AFL debut last season. “The NGA program has helped a lot, Tendai has been a really good support and it’s been great to learn from him,” Henry said. Mzungu expects the silky skilled Henry to thrive in the AFL environment. “We’ve picked up a really good footballer and also a really good person in Liam,” Mzungu said. “I’m very excited for him. “We’ve watched him develop very closely over the past two years and he’s someone who thoroughly deserves his opportunity and I’m pumped for him.”

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welcome to Freo Liam! Great skills, work ethic, xfactor, level headed, already aware of work life balance (loves going camping and fishing, and his art). Seems like he will be like Stephen Hill and Michael Walters, ie zero off field issues and supremely talented and influential in games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
This kid is the reason why the academies should exist. All the talent in the world, but from an area that he otherwise might not have been given the chance to be discovered.

And even better that we've got one that seems to bleed purple!

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
This kid is the reason why the academies should exist. All the talent in the world, but from an area that he otherwise might not have been given the chance to be discovered.

And even better that we've got one that seems to bleed purple!
With him and Butters idolising Rioli (they good one), any chance of a skills coaching gig for Cyril? Could you imagine these two learning off Walters and Rioli?

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
With him and Butters idolising Rioli (they good one), any chance of a skills coaching gig for Cyril? Could you imagine these two learning off Walters and Rioli?
As much as I love Cyril, the work he's been doing since retirement is way more important that coming to coach the Freo kids.

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's not much out there. You can find snippets on WAFL channel on YouTube - I think I've posted most of them here before. He's certainly got him self in good shape ahead of pre-season :)

What's also interesting is that guy he is training with in that picture is Kalani Brooks. Was an absolute gun junior from Margaret River way. Think he might be in next year's draft? Anyone know much about how he is tracking? Is he in the mix for the WA team? Kind of fell off the map for me but remember being wow'd watching him play a few years back.

Yep,Kalani will be having a massive crack at the u18's plus playing year 12 footy at Christchurch...Kalani has a younger brother who's going to be a jet ,he's also at Christchurch(yr 10).

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
For those that missed/didn't watch the draft there is a video of the moment Liam was selected (his family's reaction) and his interview straight after. It's the second video if you scroll down on the link below. It's definitely worth a watch... although it may screw up the buddy draft completely when everyone wants him ;)

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Not surprisingly Tied to Culture are completely sold out across all their ties (took less than 24 hours). 3 to 4 weeks for new stock to arrive...

I actually looked to buy one last season when I heard about them after Bhill Ross and Sonny wore them. They don’t ship to the states....

I’m so glad Freo drafted this kid. Positive press for him, his business, and the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back