Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

Did some very good things no doubt. He was a bit fumbly at times and for me seemed to run a lot harder forward than defensively though. As with any kid - there are things to work on, but I'd love to see him get the chance to work on them at AFL level rather than in the reserves. (Fumbles probably came from the increased intensity anyway).

He has all the attributes to be a gun and from all reports is an extremely hard worker so hopefully he puts it together over the next couple of years and continues to contribute and show some real flashes of brilliances on the way through.

Did some very good things no doubt. He was a bit fumbly at times and for me seemed to run a lot harder forward than defensively though. As with any kid - there are things to work on, but I'd love to see him get the chance to work on them at AFL level rather than in the reserves. (Fumbles probably came from the increased intensity anyway).

He has all the attributes to be a gun and from all reports is an extremely hard worker so hopefully he puts it together over the next couple of years and continues to contribute and show some real flashes of brilliances on the way through.
Fumbly? Must be from hanging out with travis, Bailey & Hughes too long.

The young lad has been racially abused on Instagram tonight. Absolutely disgusting. I don’t even want to repost what was written to him but if you’re on insta you’ll be able to see for yourselves.

Let’s send Michael all our support and love 💜
Thats terrible.

He’s lightning fast, skills are good and works hard to put pressure on without the ball. Those are some solid fundamentals for an AFL player.

He just needs to work on his positioning at times and keep his head in the game but for a first year player at a late pick he’s showing a lot of promise and these games he’s playing now are great experience. I doubt anyone expected him to be playing games this season.

Its also good to see him learning from the last couple of weeks, he completed his marks and fumbled less, his first half last night was actually excellent despite fading a bit in the second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media needs to stop giving these a-hole racists air time. It doesn't dissuade them. Social media platforms need to step up to combat this s**t.

Media should wait until they've been tracked down and then out them (along with the AFL throwing the legal book at them).

The media needs to stop giving these a-hole racists air time. It doesn't dissuade them. Social media platforms need to step up to combat this sh*t.

Media should wait until they've been tracked down and then out them (along with the AFL throwing the legal book at them).

We need to legislate tougher penalties for that s**t.

Without knowing for sure I expect Instagram has the ability to match it's data with the Facebook database and find out exactly who these people are, then report those identities to the clubs to cancel their memberships and to the police if there is an avenue for that.

The media needs to stop giving these a-hole racists air time. It doesn't dissuade them. Social media platforms need to step up to combat this sh*t.

Disagree, they've been ignored for years. Need to be called out with names revealed and all. This is where social media needs to improve to do IP bans when they use burner accounts.

Disagree, they've been ignored for years. Need to be called out with names revealed and all. This is where social media needs to improve to do IP bans when they use burner accounts.
I think we actually agree ;) I said don't give their actions airtime. Once they are identified then go to town on them.

Well this is disgusting.
what an absolute ******* that person is.

The young lad has been racially abused on Instagram tonight. Absolutely disgusting. I don’t even want to repost what was written to him but if you’re on insta you’ll be able to see for yourselves.

Let’s send Michael all our support and love 💜
shoutout to Serong, Cox and Dardy for calling it out with Freddy as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back