Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked the goods on debut. Let's see him back it up.

Great debut. Was he really that gassed that he couldn't play more minutes? He's exactly what our forwards need. Speed and anticipation.
He did a lot of running off the ball... if we are very lucky, he'll develop a billy-like tank and some slightly cleaner hands in close (to be fair though it was his first game). Looking forward to watching him develop.

Really nice first game. I’m a bit different from most on here, I thought he backed off on a few occasions where he could have gone harder, but I can’t fault a first gamer. Was the only bright spark of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all of the above...promising debut with a s**t load of potential.

What I like the best is he appears perfect for that half forward role, which is a position we have struggled with enormously in the past.

So one of the big questions is does he hold his place? In the Lyon era of big bodies, no way (cough*Simpson*cough) but hopefully JLo has a bit more feel for the game and it's one of Schultz or Banfield that gets dropped.

So one of the big questions is does he hold his place? In the Lyon era of big bodies, no way (cough*Simpson*cough) but hopefully JLo has a bit more feel for the game and it's one of Schultz or Banfield that gets dropped.
Dropping him would send the wrong message. Especially when most of his experienced teammates were worse than him.

Why? Big bodies are overrated especially for Freo. It’s the reason why many get games ahead of talent, raw ability. Rather have Frederick this season then say big body Banfield or Schulz.
Frederick, I’m sure, reminds all of us of Stephen Hill. Slight frame but so much potential.

Dropping him would send the wrong message. Especially when most of his experienced teammates were worse than him.
Hold his place? He contributed more positive moments than Banfield, Schultz and Colyer put together. Seriously if he’s dropped and those guys are still on the team next week we ought to go down and start a *in riot at cockburn!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back