Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
We're in desperate need of need of his speed and spark up forward. If he can keep improving it will give us a forward option who really makes oppo defenders panic. PLus the added bonus of hopefully keeping Colyer out of the team.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I.love this young blokes speed & attitude.
Reminds me a bit of a young Steven hill. But maybe a little harder at the ball without the goal awareness that will come with game time & composure which he seems to be grasping.

He will become what hilly should of been before the tagging & injuries kicked in..

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm torn...he could be a very good option on the wing, but having his speed and sure handling across half forward is exactly what we need atm...combining Weston and him in the same forward line could be sensational.

If he keeps on developing he'll be a huge asset regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I'm torn...he could be a very good option on the wing, but having his speed and sure handling across half forward is exactly what we need atm...combining Weston and him in the same forward line could be sensational.

Henry and Sturt too. That’s a fast forward set up.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

He played wing and half forward. That will probably continue.

Given how few rotations there could be in another few years we will want as many players who can float from wing to half forward and half back.

I'd like to think we can cycle all of Frederick, Acres, Aish, Young, Wilson, Henry, Crowden, Switkowski at times through the wing. Especially playing a quick rebound style.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tracking really nicely. That second last passage is exactly the kind of thing we need. Pity the forwards let Freddy down by giving him nothing to kick to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back