Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

As stated by many last season, the recruits for 2020 were held back in their development due to no access to WAFL. They were unable to get hard match practice and hone their skills + confidence.

Due to the above, they were thrown to the wolves, earlier than we would have liked. A good solid pre season + natural body & mental growth, is showing dividends.

Big thumbs up Freddie.

He’s so quick he panics the defence. It’s wonderful to watch defenders sh*t themselves.

The amount of ground he covers is incredible. Knows when to drop off & start closing the next gap without wasting energy.
Great hands picking up the ball & looks good at marking.
Even better the kid has the holy trinity of vision, decision making & execution.
Could be anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a draft class - not based on picks but exposes form we know Serong will be A grade. Young keeps improving and also looks like an A grader. Now we add Freddy to that mix and if he can continue to improve we have another A grade talent.

He is rapid, strong mark, skilful and plays for the team. Some of his passes yesterday were sublime. What an exciting addition!

What a draft class - not based on picks but exposes form we know Serong will be A grade. Young keeps improving and also looks like an A grader. Now we add Freddy to that mix and if he can continue to improve we have another A grade talent.

He is rapid, strong mark, skilful and plays for the team. Some of his passes yesterday were sublime. What an exciting addition!
I don't think we've ever picked up any draftees with as much composure in panic situations as Serong and Young.

I don't think we've ever picked up any draftees with as much composure in panic situations as Serong and Young.

Mundy and Fyfe go ok but I get what you mean. Incredibly composed. Freddy seems to have rid himself of the fumbles he suffered from last season, he is moving in good patterns and looked like he could play what has been a graveyard position for us over the years. Exciting times!

Mundy and Fyfe go ok but I get what you mean. Incredibly composed. Freddy seems to have rid himself of the fumbles he suffered from last season, he is moving in good patterns and looked like he could play what has been a graveyard position for us over the years. Exciting times!
I did think Mundy just after I finished posting. But I reckon these two are a step above where Mundy was at in his second season.

So funny Mick Malthouse completely wrote this guy off as a dud after he'd played 3 games. Just shows you these Vic dinosaurs have no f##king idea. Has all the tools to be a very good footballer. Fast, great disposal, great work ethic, great decision maker, good mark.
Kind of like how a lot of people are writing Liam Henry off on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is gonna sound ridiculous but fredricks has norm smith potential written all over him (if we ever make it to the big dance).

That Cyril Rioli cream on top of the cake potential. We just need a decent cake for him to ice. We are on the right track though IMO.

He is the type of player that turns a close loss in to a close win. And a narrow win in to a bigger win. Just adds so much to the team and looks like he can provide something anywhere from the goal square to the half back flank (and everywhere in between).

I agree with you regarding his lack of fumbling this year compared to last year. He seemed to fumble a lot in 2020 but has obviously worked hard to improve that area of his game. Well done young man.

Kind of like how a lot of people are writing Liam Henry off on this board.
A lot? I mainly read a few posters questioning 1) if he was best 22 now or if he needs more development, or 2) questioning whether small forward was the best fit for him in terms of position. The usual stuff of discussion boards.

A lot? I mainly read a few posters questioning 1) if he was best 22 now or if he needs more development, or 2) questioning whether small forward was the best fit for him in terms of position. The usual stuff of discussion boards.

All completely normal and fair. There are a group of Henry defenders on here who seem to be defending him for no reason at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back