Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to have him. I don't think he had a great 2020, but I watched the rising stars game in 2019 on the MCG and thought he was one of the best players on the ground. He has the size and athletic traits to do well, so it's up to him now.

Has their ever been a brother/sister combo in the AFL before?
I think Tyler Brown and Callum Brown had their sister join them in the AFLW this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Character seems to be high on our priority list with our picks.

Very happy with this pick and even happier to get him in the 2nd round.

He may not become a star or champion of the comp but I reckon he’ll be rated as a star and champion of the player group and club. That counts for heaps.

That is awesome, great pick. He remids a bit of Barlow type character....
Yep, rate this quote from an interview he did tonight with the West

“The 18-year-old joins his older sister Emma at Fremantle after a successful season at Perth in the WAFL, providing him with a different motivation on the training track.

“I cop it enough from my mates down here let alone copping it from the Freo boys early on,” O’Driscoll said on comparisons to Emma.

“I think both of us were pretty excited. One was internally excited. I think Emma was expressing it a bit more.” “

Yep, rate this quote from an interview he did tonight with the West

“The 18-year-old joins his older sister Emma at Fremantle after a successful season at Perth in the WAFL, providing him with a different motivation on the training track.

“I cop it enough from my mates down here let alone copping it from the Freo boys early on,” O’Driscoll said on comparisons to Emma.

“I think both of us were pretty excited. One was internally excited. I think Emma was expressing it a bit more.” “

How awesome. That text message from her is amazing, especially because she's already been through but knows how much it means to her brother.

Reckon Conor Blakely is like “Ahhh... ****”

I liked how list management backed themselves and traded up for this bloke.

Competition is great for the list. No surprise Connor has returned to preseason early. Football mortality staring him in the face. He could improve significantly with a good preseason. He looked unfit 2020. He had hamstring issues the year before.

I think Tyler Brown and Callum Brown had their sister join them in the AFLW this year

While Shaun Higgins (Geelong) was traded from North Melbourne to be at the same club as sister Danielle.

Both of the articles on the Freo website both mention that although Chapman has played is a key intercepting defender, they can also see him on a wing or as a mid.

Great overhead, good kick of both feet and pacy. He’s the winger we’re screaming out for.

I was hoping we would trade down 2 to 4 and get a pick around 20 so we could get O'Driscoll. I think he is going to be a super player in the future, bit of a late bloomer once his body fills out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back