Welcome to Freo: Stefan Giro

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels like in the last couple of years we've snagged guys with our later picks that are natural footballers but maybe don't look like the archetype modern player. Giro, Crowden and Darcy probably didn't look athletic enough, or big enough, or fit enough but they have footy nous and determination.

I like the fact that Giro was playing SANFL ressies last year against mature bodies so he wasn't going to be intimidated by being outsized. I read an article where he sad he started working on his tank when he was 13! You know this dude has had to work hard all the way to get drafted and it means a lot to him. He won't ever take playing AFL for granted. Guys like this following Fyfe is what our next premiership tilt will be based on.

It feels like in the last couple of years we've snagged guys with our later picks that are natural footballers but maybe don't look like the archetype modern player. Giro, Crowden and Darcy probably didn't look athletic enough, or big enough, or fit enough but they have footy nous and determination.

I like the fact that Giro was playing SANFL ressies last year against mature bodies so he wasn't going to be intimidated by being outsized. I read an article where he sad he started working on his tank when he was 13! You know this dude has had to work hard all the way to get drafted and it means a lot to him. He won't ever take playing AFL for granted. Guys like this following Fyfe is what our next premiership tilt will be based on.

Definitely happy we have taken ‘footballers’ ahead of ‘athletic’ types.

Logue is the ‘athletic’ type and already posters have queries on his football ability. To be fair I’m one of them.

Can’t argue with picks like Ryan, Banfield, Giro, Brayshaw, Cerra, Darcy, Cox etc that are simply footballers.

Nyhuis and Duman also clearly footballers first.

Giro, Ryan, Banfield type picks can seriously spike your rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back