Welcome to Freo Travis Colyer

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm coming around. I was harsh on him during the actual trade period but I am definitely excited to see how we use his pace. If Ross gets it right, he could be a weapon.

Love the fact his character is outstanding. Hopefully that drives some of those that don't give all they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moo

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd
I think he will be best 22 if in form. He just has some clanger games, which will set some supporters off
If we're fully fit who does he push out?

Certainly behind Walters, Mundy, Cerra, Ed Langdon & Brad Hill for him to be in I'd have to have him ahead of Crowden, Matera, Tucker, Ballantyne, Switter & Giro ...it's all going to come down to form.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

Certainly behind Walters, Mundy, Cerra, Ed Langdon & Brad Hill for him to be in I'd have to have him ahead of Crowden, Matera, Tucker, Ballantyne, Switter & Giro ...it's all going to come down to form.
Form and need. I really think we lack one more very quick dynamic player causing us to play Balla up the ground more to add speed and defensive pressure up the ground. I think he can find a place as a high half forward, rotating through the wing, if he is playing well. Ross identified that we are slow so we have tried to address this with his inclusion. Hope it comes off.

go_the_dockers

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd

Ballas or Matera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
Obviously Ross rates him as best 22 otherwise we would not have traded for him. Ross said before the trade period that anyone they bring onboard has to be best 22.

Square Peg

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Obviously Ross rates him as best 22 otherwise we would not have traded for him. Ross said before the trade period that anyone they bring onboard has to be best 22.
Unless Ross is no longer able to micromanage everything like he wants to.
But yeah, I personally think Colyer fits the bill as best 22.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is currently a better player than all of last year's draftees so is probably best 22. No doubt some will overtake him (and possibly soon) but I am sure we don't have 22 players currently better than him.

Top Bottom