Welcome to Freo Travis Colyer

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he needs to lose the manbun. Looks 50x better without it in the older footage.

His bun is a weird thing.

He strangely got better the longer his hair grew.

When it was tied up, he was reliable.

When he cut it, it sapped him of decent games.

His bun is a weird thing.

He strangely got better the longer his hair grew.

When it was tied up, he was reliable.

When he cut it, it sapped him of decent games.
I think I would prefer he spud it up with short hair, than look at that thing. It is bad enough we have to put up with Fyfe's.

Jesse Hogan...Guy Germaine?

I would have thought Rory is Guy Germaine (more of an underrated type), Jesse is more Adam Banks- you know the superstar who didnt want to play for us until he was dragooned here and then ended up loving us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who out of our current best 22 if any would miss out for Colyer?

If I had my way, Matera & McCarthy are behind him. Does he come in for Ballas ?.

In all honesty, it is up to all the players to prove their worth in the pre-season. Spots are available, the best get first dibs for Round 1.

I think he's ahead of Ballas.

Balla needs to survive the cut of current contracted players. 31st is first list lodgement. 3 uncontracted will be gone and 2-3 contracted players.

You guys and girls should be happy with this acquisition, came cheap at a 4th rounder.

I can tell you that Trav was/is very highly regarded at Essendon for his elite standards and leadership, he's a great influence on younger kids - he's the type of 'person' you want at a footy club.

His best footy is bloody good, he's the type of player that can take the game away from an opponent with a five minute burst in the middle.

He is BLISTERINGLY quick, I'd hazard a guess he'd be in the top handful of players in the league in that first ten metres or so.

The biggest knock on him is he can get a bit of the fumbles from time to time, where he seems to butcher every ball or can't pick it up cleanly. I've had my head in my hands in angst a number of times because of it.

Also, the Essendon board on BF has sponsored him for eight years - as long as we've been doing sponsorship. As a result, many of us have spent a bit of time with him over the years, and he's a genuine top shelf bloke. I remember running in to him at the Cox Plate a couple years ago, he recognised me, got my attention, remembered my name - a real nice touch.

Overall, a very nice pick up by your club. I'm genuinely sad to see him go, one of my favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back