List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Jack Bowes....

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Jack!!!

Jack Bowes the GSC pick 10 from the 2016 draft has been traded to Geelong along with pick 7 in the 2022 National Draft.

Bowes was well sought after by PFD and the Cats for over 12 months now.

Pick 7 was just an additional carrot dangled by the Suns to ensure someone took on his 1.6m dollar remaining 2 year contract

As we sit right now, there are 16 other clubs and all their supports all kinds of dirty about this

Needless to say, I luv this ******* club.

GO Catters

Yes, welcome Jack!!

Loved his highlights reel, looks like a really solid intercept marking type and his kick-to-handball ratio is right in the ballpark of Z.Guthrie making him an excellent half-back replacement for the Touhy's and Duncan's in the future.

Really keen to see how he elevates his game in our system.

Pick 7 and a former pick 10 ready made 24 year old for a third rounder :think:

i have no idea why gold coast have done this (the salary cap dump doesnt sound anywhere near sufficient for what they have lost) but its a win win win for us.

welcome jack bowes!

Pick 7 and a former pick 10 ready made 24 year old for a third rounder :think:

i have no idea why gold coast have done this (the salary cap dump doesnt sound anywhere near sufficient for what they have lost) but its a win win win for us.

welcome jack bowes!
Paying this kind of premium to dump a bad contract is pretty common in the US, it seems a reasonable enough explanation to me.

Welcome Jack!!!

Jack Bowes the GSC pick 10 from the 2016 draft has been traded to Geelong along with pick 7 in the 2022 National Draft.

Bowes was well sought after by PFD and the Cats for over 12 months now.

Pick 7 was just an additional carrot dangled by the Suns to ensure someone took on his 1.6m dollar remaining 2 year contract

As we sit right now, there are 16 other clubs and all their supports all kinds of dirty about this

Needless to say, I luv this ******* club.

GO Catters

How about this, full on incredible, Mr Mackie and the GCS amazing work and thanks the Suns.

Be interesting to see where he plays next year. Got a glut of young midfielders now and no half backs, but he's physically better prepared for a midfield role than most of those other players.

Pick 7 is so unnecessary🤣🤣 Also why couldn’t the suns just extend and spread his contract out like Geelong have? Bowes seemed very settled in QLD. Something very suss about all this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to put too much pressure on him, but I'm expecting a Will Brodie esque renaissance from Jack, I rate him that highly.

All the talent in the world and he's unfortunately been stuck at the Bermuda triangle of the AFL, being at a proper football club will do him wonders.

This is just outstanding for the club.

I've always liked him as a player, he has a lot of strings to his Bowes. #pun
Think he still has improvement left in him too.

I think getting just him for a 3rd rounder would've been good, the pick 7 is amazing.
Especially if he turns into a best 22 player.

Did we get pick 7...... annnd Jack Bowes ?​

Pick 7 is so unnecessary🤣🤣 Also why couldn’t the suns just extend and spread his contract out like Geelong have? Bowes seemed very settled in QLD. Something very suss about all this.

Bowes signed a five-year extension in 2019.

When Gold Coast figures approached him a couple of years into the deal and asked him to sign an alteration that would significantly reduce his annual earnings in order to back-end the deal, Bowes agreed.

He loves the club.

His parents had moved from Cairns to be on the Gold Coast, with his father Wayne and mother Collette playing a huge role in creating a support network for players and families at the club while Bowes’ grandmother has frequently hosted young draftees in their early years at the Suns.

Bowes believed he would be part of the first Suns side to play in a potential premiership.

He bought a house in Queensland, his partner is from the state and what has unfolded is something he never visualised would happen.

His trust was broken. By doing the right thing by the club in order to help its cause put him in a position where Gold Coast have looked to off-load him.

Bowes was holidaying in Bali when he saw some media reports labelling him a ‘wantaway Sun’. It irked him.

Injuries saw him shift back to halfback in his third year and Bowes has struggled to claw his way back into an engine room that includes the likes of Touk Miller, David Swallow, Noah Anderson and Matt Rowell.

Those closest to Bowes believe they saw the writing on the wall midway through 2021 when Bowes was named in many rolling All-Australian sides but didn’t feature in the club’s top 10 best and fairest count at the same period.

Would you choose to extend your stay at a club that treated you like this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back