List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Jack Bowes....

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this selection. He can mark overhead too, so yes we promised him midfield minutes, but worse case scenario he can also play wing or flanks no issue.
He does look pretty flexible positionally. I'd be keen on give him the run on ball he has been asking for

He does look pretty flexible positionally. I'd be keen on give him the run on ball he has been asking for
So would I to be honest. It's the area in our team that will need more support next season. I think he is more than capable for the role, especially if he has other big bodies next to him like Dangerfield and Blicavs, giving a bit of physical support around him. Even the tank Atkins takes out a player at the stoppages and frees him.

Jack Bowes will be a mainstay in our midfield
Love this kid.
Balanced, good kick, composed
Will work brilliantly with our rotations.
Number 7 pick is an afterthought
If they nail the pick we are starting to build a decent future.
Hope Jack's potential is realised at this fine club
Get behind him

I get the feeling Bowes will be the best player we bring in this year.

Bruhn will give him some competition!
But love him backing himself to play in a stacked team..cant wait to see him out there.

Pick 7 is so unnecessary🤣🤣 Also why couldn’t the suns just extend and spread his contract out like Geelong have? Bowes seemed very settled in QLD. Something very suss about all this.
They backended his contract until they ended up in this situation where he had $1.6 mil over two years remaining

He agreed to help out the club by pushing his salary back each year and they returned the favour by shopping him around to free up the money for other players

A new club and a new contract allowed both parties to smooth out the amount over 4 years with abit extra on top of the amount owed from his previous contract

It isn’t hard to work out and it’s nothing suss about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes is a very high talent player. I can see him walking past Atkins and Parfitt is everything goes well for him.

Geez that is a massive call. He would want to be ******* good to walk past a player who won multiple games almost off his own boot in last quarters this year

They backended his contract until they ended up in this situation where he had $1.6 mil over two years remaining

He agreed to help out the club by pushing his salary back each year and they returned the favour by shopping him around to free up the money for other players

A new club and a new contract allowed both parties to smooth out the amount over 4 years with abit extra on top of the amount owed from his previous contract

It isn’t hard to work out and it’s nothing suss about it

Exactly. Not sure why people are finding this one difficult - even the ‘experts’ on Fox were struggling with this tonight! “Why would he split $1.6m over 4 years when he was owed it in two?”

The $1.6m is not the total of his new 4 year deal, but it is factored into the total where we are now paying over what he would otherwise get if he signed a fresh contract based on his current market rate.

Would assume his new contract is something like $2m over 4 years - ie. $500k a year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pick 7 is so unnecessary🤣🤣 Also why couldn’t the suns just extend and spread his contract out like Geelong have? Bowes seemed very settled in QLD. Something very suss about all this.

A couple of reasons:
- Bowes & GC agreed to a contract extension in 2019, but it was renegotiated at least once since then and that's why it ended up backend to the state it was; plus

- GC don't necessarily view Bowes as an automatic best 22 player going forward, and thus his contract was something that didn't exactly want to be paying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back