List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Jack Bowes....

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked really good against Carlton with the main blemish being that late set shot for goal. The Gold Coast game he was poor but that's not uncommon for a player new to a team if that team is really struggling. Hawthorn was a bit of a mixed bag but you could see that he fits better when Geelong are playing more fluent football.

We're going to get the best value out of Bowes from next year onwards I think as Smith, Tuohy and Duncan depart. It might take him a year to settle and find his groove anyway. We'll be thankful we have him by 2025. For now he's probably good depth and a bloke who will comfortably let us rotate the older boys later in the season.

He looked really good against Carlton with the main blemish being that late set shot for goal. The Gold Coast game he was poor but that's not uncommon for a player new to a team if that team is really struggling. Hawthorn was a bit of a mixed bag but you could see that he fits better when Geelong are playing more fluent football.

We're going to get the best value out of Bowes from next year onwards I think as Smith, Tuohy and Duncan depart. It might take him a year to settle and find his groove anyway. We'll be thankful we have him by 2025. For now he's probably good depth and a bloke who will comfortably let us rotate the older boys later in the season.

Well said. You can definitely see his class and why he was a high pick initially. He will continue to improve as he learns our system and hopefully, as the team improves as a whole.

Even if #7 wasn’t attached to the deal, trading a future third for a former top 10 pick who is in the 23-26 age range where we lack serious quality was a steal. I’d long been envious of those clubs who picked up the likes of Wright, Scrimshaw, Brodie, Setterfield for bargain basement prices during Suns/GWS fire sales, and finally we’ve joined them.

Well said. You can definitely see his class and why he was a high pick initially. He will continue to improve as he learns our system and hopefully, as the team improves as a whole.

Even if #7 wasn’t attached to the deal, trading a future third for a former top 10 pick who is in the 23-26 age range where we lack serious quality was a steal. I’d long been envious of those clubs who picked up the likes of Wright, Scrimshaw, Brodie, Setterfield for bargain basement prices during Suns/GWS fire sales, and finally we’ve joined them.
I feel like it's almost good karma paying us back for the free agents we've had to trade for.

In isolation, bowes for a future third is a steal. But his contract was prohibitive, which meant it was a fair deal with the high pick attached.

The bigger mystery to me is why he was languishing in the magoos for most of last season for a poor Suns team.

I don’t know if he will ever be a star, but he will be a solid foot soldier at worst. And every good team needs solid foot soldiers.

I hope he becomes one of our core players. Excellent leader off the field with the work he puts into the younger players - he did everything to make the young players feel at home in the Gold Coast and was loved by the playing group

Taking away anything I have seen from him in the past and judging him on this year alone so far.

He was very good in the half practice match he played (just about best on)

R1 Missed with some calf issue.

R2 Comes into a new team with only a half-practice match under his belt and performs well.

R3 plays poorly v the Sun... definitely a poor game.

R4 plays poorly in the first half and then looks very good in the second half.

He looks like a solid guy to have on the list with some good size and flexibility at a nice age.

I doubt he will never be a champion or a barometer but I think he has done ok so far and hopefully becomes a good contributor much more often than not very soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back