Traded 17. Esava Ratugolea (2017 -2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any way, back to Esava.

external

But then you miss out on wonderful memes like this below. Or those memes that suggest that if you don't share a particular sob story, then you probably eat babies and the like.

It actually has been hilarious watching the meltdowns after the elections. Plenty of special snowflakes who didn't get the result they wanted and don't know how to handle it. Quite funny really.

I noticed that he has joined up to one of the supporter groups on Facebook and has started to interact with fans, members and supporters... No idea if it really is him, but thought it was a nice touch.
He must have a shitty manager as he should stay well away from there.

It actually has been hilarious watching the meltdowns after the elections. Plenty of special snowflakes who didn't get the result they wanted and don't know how to handle it. Quite funny really.
I certainly do not like Trump but it's interesting how many people seem to be having a breakdown. Seems to also be the first time they've heard about politics.
It's been a couple of weeks I'm sure they've forgotten all about it by now.

Amusing on a domestic level..sure......

Trump's foreign policy and economic initiatives may well wipe the smile off both our faces.

Amusing on a domestic level..sure......

Trump's foreign policy and economic initiatives may well wipe the smile off both our faces.

Trying to work out if this is the biggest divergence from OP and subject matter... just how did we get on Trump in a thread about a Rookie?

Is Sav our future Trump Card?

Whilst I can see how we got onto Trump :huh: - id strongly suggest we all get off it now and back to our newest Fijian recruit.

GO Catters

Fair point. Should probably start a specific thread on that for those of us interested in it.
Fortunately, much like FogHorn LegHorn having his feathers number for just such an occasion, we here at Bigfooty are also prepared for such outcomes.

My I present to you, and any others interested in discussion things akin to above... the Society, Religion and Politics thread.

Go for it!

GO Catters

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/society-religion-and-politics.46/

Its seems to me that Sav is quite similar to Buzza in a lot of ways.. non afl - rugby background , family link to boxing ....

The question is not so much the raw material with these guys , but how well can they develop afl skills and nous and how well can we help develop them.

The thing I do like is he sounds aware of where he is and the opportunity that he has..

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...d-with-a-packet-of-chips-20161203-gt3c8p.html
Ratugolea said he was still coming to terms with the "crazy change" of being drafted. He smiles often and said he had enjoyed his first week in Geelong, where the more established players had treated the new draftees like friends.

Ratugolea had been most worried about the amount of running he would need to do, unsure of how he would hold up to the rigours of AFL training.

"I did a couple of running sessions in the off season, tried to prepare myself for this," he said. "[I was worried about] the gut running stuff, particularly in this heat, but the staff are so good to us, they make us feel as comfortable as they can."

Little more than a month ago he was a year 12 student at St Mary of the Angels College in Nathalia and working driving a tractor in a friend's cherry orchard.

But he was looking forward to building up his fitness and improving his kick.

"I can't wait to get this first preseason under my belt, to get that running into me," he said. "They'll help me out with that of course, I just can't wait to get started."
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...d-with-a-packet-of-chips-20161203-gt3c8p.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the US the person with the least votes won the presidency. There is some justification in complaining about that. Not to mention all the false information that swung the vote and the fact they have a president elect who now has massive conflict of interest issues given he refuses to properly seperate himself from his business empire.

And in the case of Brexit the leave campaign made a lot of false promises that swung the vote. Such as that the money the UK currently donates to the EU would go to the UK health system. They immediately retracted that promise on the day they won.

Last edited:
In the US the person with the least votes won the presidency. There is some justification in complaining about that. Not to mention all the false information that swung the vote and the fact they have a president elect who now has massive conflict of interest issues given he refuses to properly seperate himself from his business empire.

And in the case of Brexit the leave campaign made a lot of false promises that swung the vote. Such as that the money the UK currently donates to the EU would go to the UK system. They immediately retracted that promise on the day they won.
Poor Kim won the popular vote too I believe and still lost.

Like how this guy is terrified of running hah.

Oh crap only just saw this post after already posting.

He has unusual hair. Have we discussed that yet.
That applies to both Trump and Esava..

Go Catters

I was really hoping this guy would get drafted on to a primary list. Before the draft I thought to myself, how exciting will it be for the game if he makes the grade? Really hope he does. Bucket loads of potential. Impressed me pre draft with his ability to put forward pressure on as a key forward. Defensive forward work doesn't usually come with a lot of first year forwards especially KPF. Will be an interesting player to follow.

I was really hoping this guy would get drafted on to a primary list. Before the draft I thought to myself, how exciting will it be for the game if he makes the grade? Really hope he does. Bucket loads of potential. Impressed me pre draft with his ability to put forward pressure on as a key forward. Defensive forward work doesn't usually come with a lot of first year forwards especially KPF. Will be an interesting player to follow.

Yep. On raw talent he could be anything. But he's got a long, long journey ahead of him.

Dear Mods, can we please pay this kid enough respect to at least spell Esava's name correctly in the thread title?

Also there was someone who disputed Esavas weight at 95 Kg and 194cm. I cannot recall where the post was now. But I asked Esava what his height and weight were and his response was "Mate im 97kg and 195cm tall". That puts him at roughly the same dimensions as Cam Mooney in the height of his playing days.

Last edited:
Clearly going to be a slow burn to get up to speed - but im ok with that. Hes a blank canvas with some unique size and skills..

Looking forward to watching the picture develop.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back