Delisted 37. Sam Simpson (2017 - 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

MotleyLemon

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Panicked a bit when looking at the draft live on AFL.com.au, and it said we passed and Sydney selected him immediately afterwards.

Glad to see it's fixed and he's definitely at the Cattery.

Reckon he looks alright as a small defender with a few tricks.

He will bulk up... his old man is/was an absolute bull and ball of muscle..

Reckon he could be Jed Bews like in the way he can pack on muscle when he starts hitting full time training.*

* i say this of course based on no knowledge of the genetics required to put on muscle like that :D

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
He will bulk up... his old man is/was an absolute bull and ball of muscle..

Reckon he could be Jed Bews like in the way he can pack on muscle when he starts hitting full time training.*

* i say this of course based on no knowledge of the genetics required to put on muscle like that :D

What's his mother look like? ;)

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
What's his mother look like? ;)
image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Welcome Sam... Glad to have another father son on board.

His highlights make him look like a gun, me likey very much. Does anyone know if he wasn't a father son selection would he have gone in the ND according to the experts?
Every club had the option of selecting him and decided not to so I suppose that answers your question.

Ran a 14.2 beep at the State Combine... he has a motor!
Motor doesn't need to be that big when the rest of the car weighs 50 kilo ;)

CarAttack

Senior List
Apr 28, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It was mentioned in the Geelong email relating to number allocations that SS was overseas and will be returning in the "coming weeks". Does this not seem a bit strange for a newly drafted recruit. Thought all the 1 - 4 year players started a couple of weeks ago and he would be busting his chops to get going.
Not a big deal. Just wondering.

GHS33

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
It was mentioned in the Geelong email relating to number allocations that SS was overseas and will be returning in the "coming weeks". Does this not seem a bit strange for a newly drafted recruit. Thought all the 1 - 4 year players started a couple of weeks ago and he would be busting his chops to get going.
Not a big deal. Just wondering.

He's overseas on a post-school trip doing charity work, so I don't think the club would be too fussed. Especially when first years only do about 75% of the pre season anyway.

Fair chance he will get the old mans old 37 I dare say....

Apologies if has been mentioned elsewhere but the number is free so just makes sense to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back