• 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d give up our round 1 for Bailey Scott
I know he chose North over us but the kid can play
He'd need to be de-norfed. It's beyond comprehension the difference between our two clubs when you consider that Bailey has played in 75 losses in his 85 game career, and Mitch Duncan has played in 77 defeats in his 280 game career. But if he wanted out of norf to join Geelong, I reckon he'd be more a 2nd rounder, perhaps at worst a Sav/OH level pick.

He'd need to be de-norfed. It's beyond comprehension the difference between our two clubs when you consider that Bailey has played in 75 losses in his 85 game career, and Mitch Duncan has played in 77 defeats in his 280 game career. But if he wanted out of norf to join Geelong, I reckon he'd be more a 2nd rounder, perhaps at worst a Sav/OH level pick.
I do agree now a first is a stretch for Bailey and a 2nd is more than fair
I got that one wrong

Maybe he is on the Gary Ablett Jnr path - pretty sure he didn't hit 30 touches until close to 100 games
It's all pointless speculation until Scott starts playing midfielders with 80% game time or more. There's no indication that is on the cards right now. While we roll an extra couple of mids through there and they all go at 60-65% you are basically never going to get 30 touch games.

Ah well, we can console ourselves with wins in the meantime. The Bulldogs and Port are good clubs if you just want to count a couple of top line midfielders disposal numbers every week.

Maybe he is on the Gary Ablett Jnr path - pretty sure he didn't hit 30 touches until close to 100 games
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Anyone who watches Geelong games can absolutely tell Bruhn is an absolute JET. Tough, great vision, excellent disposal both sides of the body, great pace and agility with a brilliant shimmy/hot-step/side-step out of trouble..

The only reason he does not get more hype is due to his gametime management..
The AFL community would all be taking him up as having a 'breakout' season, if he were playing 25% more gametime and averaging 25% more disposals..

Some other Mids from the 2020 draft - For comparison.

Errol Gulden - A gun, everyone agrees. Was offered a 10 year contract by opposition clubs.
This season, averaging 25.6 possessions from 90.9% game time. Equivalent to Bruhn 29.3 possessions if he played 90.9% game time.
Max Holmes - 23.6 possessions from 82.1% game time, Bruhn equivalent 26.46
Tom Powell - 21.9, 81.1% - Bruhn 26.14 equiv
Archie Perkins - 20.3, 70.2% - Bruhn 22.62.
Elijah Hollands - 14.8, 75.5% - Bruhn 24.4

Bang for buck - Outpacing all of them..

Some other mids from 2020 -

Braeden Campbell
Will Philips
Luke Pedlar
Heath Chapman
Conor Stone
Finley McRae
Bailey Laurie
Reef McInness

I want to see the coaches let him loose for a 90% game..

Back