List Mgmt. Welcome to GWS Jake Stein!

Remove this Banner Ad

This dick even posted the picture of Jake as a reply to one of my rare non GWS board posts...Dated March 25 2016 in the Div 3 AFL fantasy thread in an obvious attempt to bait me away from our board. Total tosser

Some of our best runners still yet start the preseason but still a nice but not surprising start for Jake
COMMONWEALTH Games decathlete turned AFL footballer Jake Stein has jumped out of the blocks in his first training session as a GWS player by winning the 3km time trial. Stein overtook the leaders in the closing stages of a hot and sticky run with the morning temperatures pushing past 30 degrees.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gws...ter&utm_campaign=Feed: com/lQuXy (Fox Sports)

Cat B rookie mate, doesn't count to list size per se

Kind of does - you can only have three Cat B rookies, and we can use them for academy or zone selections so they're more useful to use than southern clubs.

Photo might be, but the interview certainly isn't.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2016-11-18/jake-of-all-trades

I almost always find that such photos are a result of the photographer and/or shoot organizer, not the subject.

Kind of does - you can only have three Cat B rookies, and we can use them for academy or zone selections so they're more useful to use than southern clubs.

I almost always find that such photos are a result of the photographer and/or shoot organizer, not the subject.
I didn't realise they could apply to academy selections, is that via the rookie draft?

I didn't realise they could apply to academy selections, is that via the rookie draft?

There's two ways for us to get NSW players as Cat B rookies:
  • Any academy player that we've nominated that receives no bids can be prelisted on to our rookie list. These can be Cat B rookies, if there are spots available.
  • At the start of the rookie draft each year, the northern clubs can prelist up to three rookies from within their state. These can also be Cat B rookies, if there are spots available.

Except we have never in our entire history used a full rookie list to point that we needed to fit academy boys onto the cat B list.

For a while our rookie list was Sam Schulz

Except we have never in our entire history used a full rookie list to point that we needed to fit academy boys onto the cat B list.

That was the little known "has the negatives" eligibility criteria. ;)

How did we get Zac Williams and Joe Redfern? Did we rookie draft them or pre-list as Academy boys?

We have never in our entire history been limited to the same list size as the rest of the competition.

Welcome to the rest of our existence. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took Lloyd in the rookie draft though.

Normally if the player is prelisted they get assigned to the club's last available rookie draft selection, even if they pass on others (see Brisbane in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_AFL_draft for an example). Given Lloyd was actually assigned a selection, he probably wasn't prelisted. Interesting choice there - I would have expected him to be available to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back