Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Pick 51, 2022: Bailey MacDonald - a Hawk until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

There are players who test as quick but it doesn't come through in game. MacDonald here is not one of those players.

He'll need to be more conscious and aware of who is around at AFL and VFL level, but there aren't too many catching him when he puts those jets on.

I'm getting Jayden Hunt vibes which would be a nice result if he develops into a player of that ability.
I was pi$$ed when Sydney took Vickery. Feel better now that we have BMac. Few comparisons being bandied around - my two cents, reminds me a fair bit of Max Holmes who I desperately wanted until Geelong got him. Great pick up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Jayden Hunt but can actually hit a target.

I was pi$$ed when Sydney took Vickery. Feel better now that we have BMac. Few comparisons being bandied around - my two cents, reminds me a fair bit of Max Holmes who I desperately wanted until Geelong got him. Great pick up
I rated him higher than Vickery and wasn't pi$$ed when the swans took him. I was happy to take him in the rookie draft if he got through and that was it. I see a lot of Jayden Hunt in Bailey's game but with a little more spatial awareness. Stoked with this pick.

Last edited:
Some good highlights. Young Bailey reminds me of Kenny Hunter from Carlton. Great player in the eighties for these old enough to remember.

If Bailey reaches anything near that level, he will be a real steal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back