Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Bodie Ryan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bodie_Broadus.jpg

I like this pick a lot. Size at 187cm with awesome speed and agility just to start. He looks like he reads the play really well with a real competitive edge about him. Can use it by foot too by the looks of things. Didn't see this happening but very pleased indeed. I have a good feeling that he's our next Dimma.

Another Hawthorn half back player I’m starting to think this is the new left footer for Hawthorn we draft him in that position then turn them into something else.

Bodie Ryan will be very happy he is playing WITH Nick Watson and not against him. 😅

BUT he will still have to man Watson in the intra-club games. 😲 😂
For context: McCabe said, in his excellent post draft interview (he speaks like a future captain), that Watson did really well against S.A. against a really good defender. That defender was Bodie Ryan. It was the only time that I saw Ryan beaten.
That said I did not watch all games.

Edit: seeing the below footage of McCabe hugging Ryan, and knowing that Ryan was S.A.‘s best player… it all make sense.
Great recruiting! These blokes will play for each other.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bodie is a bit of a larrikin.
Man of few words.
Worked incredibly hard for this opportunity.
Trained side by side with a PT with Ashton Moir for the year. (Peake performance/Ollie Peake for those that want to check out his last year
On FB/Insta).

Played in the Glenelg under 18’s flag in 2022 and then came in last minute for only his second senior ressies game in the GF win v Sturt.

Had 2 massive moments late with the game less than a goal the difference.
Stood up twice to win possession and repel.

Good pedigree as well as his mums brother was a wonderful SANFL footballer. Fantastic family.

For mine he’s a combo.
He’s got Hardwicke toughness and aggression and will to compete. Will leave nothing on the table.

He’s got a lot of Stratts in him… and plenty of Sicily.

Recently there is a lot of Josh Morris about him as well but far far better aerially.

Will Day will be over the moon.
Has had a lot to do with both these boys through the years.

He won’t die wondering.
I’d be tempted to chuck him the 23.

Last edited:
Bodie is a bit of a larrikin.
Man of few words.
Worked incredibly hard for this opportunity.
Trained side by side with a PT with Ashton Moir for the year. (Peake performance/Ollie Peake for those that want to check out his last year
On FB/Insta).

Played in the Glenelg under 18’s flag in 2022 and then came in last minute for only his second senior ressies game in the GF win v Sturt.

Had 2 massive moments late with the game less than a goal the difference.
Stood up twice to win possession and repel.

For mine he’s a combo.
He’s got Hardwicke toughness and aggression and will to compete. Will leave nothing on the table.

He’s got a lot of Stratts in him… and plenty of Sicily.

Recently there is a lot of Josh Morris about him as well but far far better aerially.

Will Day will be over the moon.
Has had a lot to do with both these boys through the years.

He won’t die wondering.
I’d be tempted to chuck him the 23.
23 is over the top my friend.
I liked your post but No. 23 is off the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back